Do you actually make money from your SEO business?

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm just curious. I see a lot, and I mean a LOT of people coming here claiming that they are either an "SEO expert" or that they own an SEO business, or both. I'm just curious, how many of you actually make a significant amount of money from your SEO work? Furthermore, how many of you actually support yourself off of nothing but this business?

It seems to me the that market is incredibly saturated with people who happen to learn a few buzzwords and decide to claim themselves as "experts" when in fact they actually know very little.
  • wharro4u
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • wharro4u

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my friend i don't know about others but from my own side my business of internet is work pretty well i have my own tube site from around 2 month and my income is pretty good that around 1000 $ .. is not *plum*'s i have it from 2 month i havea tube site from a company that is offer me all i need before that i was try games affiliate and so on im not an expert but was very easy in all case the idea is yes you can make money .. by not be a expert you just need propel tolls
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's not quite what I was asking, wharro4u. I'm talking about people who own SEO businesses, not websites that generate revenue.
  • wARtist

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO business is a business of research how the leading searching engines work.
We all know Google and Yahoo cannot do all the pagerank manually, so they must program to figure out which site has the best quality. So couple of basic rules have been made by google and yahoo. By applying these rules, the ranking of a given keyword is automatically displayed by search engine programs. Know the ranking actually controlled by machine, we can surely beat them by understanding the basic rules.That would be the expertise a SEO expert should have.
I have recently copywrite some articles about it. You can visit //removed to see details at my website.
Moderator Remark: spam link removed
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

wARtist, how in the world does that even remotely answer spork's question? And please don't spam your website in your posts. It's only allowed in your signature.
  • wharro4u
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • wharro4u

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh i see well that is what i understand
  • flimsy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flimsy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

For me, SEO is primarily concerned with advancing the goals of a website by improving the number and position of its organic search results for a wide variety of relevant keywords.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

:banghead:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel your pain.

Should we assume that nobody here makes money from their SEO business?
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do earn from SEO but not enough to quit my real job.
  • stephen186
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • stephen186

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Well, i am too working as an SEO for some clients but not earning a huge money as of now.

However, I just want to get my own revenue generated websites.

Fact is you cannot get fair compensation if you are doing SEO for others. of course i am not talking about big companies, they do earn their share.

Nobody can compensate for your SEO skills other than yourself.
  • HoneyDew
  • Born
  • Born
  • HoneyDew

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol. I enjoyed reading those spammy replies :-)

Well, I have been doing SEO for my own website for the past few years and decided to offer SEO service to those who want to get targeted traffic to their website since June last year.

So far everything seems to work out nicely. I plan to open an office here and hire locals to do the tedious work.

I don't make a living with the service I provided, yet, but I can see the potential :-)

I believe I can get there in another 6 months' time.
  • Wicked_Goddess
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

As service providers, yes we do make money from SEO.
  • ninah98
  • Born
  • Born
  • ninah98

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two ways I make money in SEO. One: SEO is such a moving target that books almost outdate themselves waiting to be printed. For example, in 2004 I built directories and got people to link to me in a non-reciprocal way. Now this disingenuous method of linking doesn't work and is frowned upon as almost black hat. I've switched link building almost entirely to leveraging social media just in the last year or so. Two: Never, ever put one finger to the keyboard for a company that will not evidence existence of your entire fee up front. I save TONS of time and money by initially stating that I do business using an escrow service where 50% payment goes to me and the other 50% goes into escrow FIRST. I require approval of this way of doing business before I spend any time even making a quote. Having sued in small claims court and won, this saves me weeks of time. Now there's never any arguments and if a company is unwilling to proceed in this way, I just move on.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, I don't think this market is saturated at all...it's still in it's infancy. Even in this economy, I get offered jobs to work for businesses and seo companies...not enough experts that know how to do this out there.

I work for an SEO company and make great money. I also have a side freelance seo company (real company) that matches my income at my 9-5 seo job. I could just work on the freelance company I own and be fine, but I choose to do both (2x money)...mainly because it keeps the wife extra happy.
  • Jeperry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Jeperry

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
That's not quite what I was asking, wharro4u. I'm talking about people who own SEO businesses, not websites that generate revenue.

Hi,

For me i am new in seo business but i can generate about 500 to 1000 dollar per month with my SEO business.

• Vatson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want work with Search Engine, you must know that is very riskly. Today you have all, tomorrow - noting. You must use White Hat and Black Hat Seo for great results (thats why i say that is very riskly).But with SEO you make good money. Just think about that what opportunities open to you: you can raise your projects or projects of other people - in any case, you will win. Seo knowledge appreciated very much so it is profitable and will be valid as long as people use search engines.

thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts