AdSense Question

  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I've recently submitted Nurvix.com to the AdSense program. Unfortunately, Google didn't accept me into the program and said I cannot contact them about more information as to why they won't accept me. Any idea how I can get into the program and what I need to change on my site? Perhaps, it is violating some type of regulation? Feedback would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Regards,
Phil
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5739
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably because it's mostly flash (which the AdSense bot can't understand), it's just 4 pages with a bunch of flash on 'em.

The AdSense program only accepts sites with content.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Probably because it's mostly flash (which the AdSense bot can't understand), it's just 4 pages with a bunch of flash on 'em.

The AdSense program only accepts sites with content.

I hope you're right. I know I'm on a blacklist for YazaaWeb.com. A few months ago I ran AdSense on that site and my step brother (evil) who had access to my computer generated thousands of illegitimate clicks and got me banned. Unfortunately, Google didn't take that into consideration. Do you think I'll still qualify as a blacklisted publisher under a new web site? And how can I inform them that I've been unfairly targeted if that is the reason for me not getting into AdSense.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5739
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you've been blacklisted, YOU have been blacklisted, not just your sites.

So, that could be why you're not getting accepted into the program.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
If you've been blacklisted, YOU have been blacklisted, not just your sites.

So, that could be why you're not getting accepted into the program.

Is there any way to turn the tide? Or is my impending doom regarding making a profit on the net drawing nearer? :(
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5739
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Other than contacting Google, and hoping they're in a good mood, not much you can do.

Perhaps try Overture? Or wait'll Yahoo's offering becomes international.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Other than contacting Google, and hoping they're in a good mood, not much you can do.

Perhaps try Overture? Or wait'll Yahoo's offering becomes international.

*sigh* Google's never in a good mood when they're talking to me. I'll have to try and join another network or pull a Sergey and code some insanely revolutionary advertising system after spending 2 months in my room. :(
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1080
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nurvix.com I know many pages are but could it be that some pages are not accessible to Search Engines because of the Flash navigations and this is a factor in AdSense? I could be VERY wrong though.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5739
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think you're wrong Johan...

It specifically says in the AdSense Policies..

Google wrote:
In addition to the standards above, AdSense participants are required to adhere to the webmaster guidelines posted at http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html

Specifically...

  • Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
  • Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content.
  • Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links. The Google crawler doesn't recognize text contained in images.
  • Use a text browser such as Lynx to examine your site, because most search engine spiders see your site much as Lynx would. If fancy features such as JavaScript, cookies, session IDs, frames, DHTML, or Flash keep you from seeing all of your site in a text browser, then search engine spiders may have trouble crawling your site.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder why they said: "Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. After reviewing your application, our specialists have found that it does not meet our program criteria. Therefore, we are unable to accept you into our program.

We have certain policies in place that we believe will help ensure the effectiveness of Google ads for our publishers as well as for our advertisers. We review all publishers, and we reserve the right to decline any application. As we grow, we may find that we are able to expand our program to more web publishers with a wider variety of web content.

Please note that we may not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the specific reasons for our decision. Thank you for your understanding."

Maybe that'll help...
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5739
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, like I said in my post right before that one... Well, just scroll up and read it again, too much hassle to copy+paste it all over :)
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Yeah, like I said in my post right before that one... Well, just scroll up and read it again, too much hassle to copy+paste it all over :)

Do they actually personally visit a site at some stage or does the bot do everything for them?
  • Managedlinks
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Managedlinks
  • Posts: 294

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site links to the banned one. you have already given away the game.

Yes they visit the sites personally and verify that their bot is right when it comes to this sort of thing

You can open a new account but you'll have to do it by totally disassociating yourself from the existing sites and start life fresh.

probably you would need to create a new business and register it legally. But don't complain if they pull the pin at a later date.

I doubt google would believe the "my evil twin brother did it" routine

No matter how truthful it may be, they simply cannot take the risk.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Managedlinks wrote:
Your site links to the banned one. you have already given away the game.

Yes they visit the sites personally and verify that their bot is right when it comes to this sort of thing

You can open a new account but you'll have to do it by totally disassociating yourself from the existing sites and start life fresh.

probably you would need to create a new business and register it legally. But don't complain if they pull the pin at a later date.

I doubt google would believe the "my evil twin brother did it" routine

No matter how truthful it may be, they simply cannot take the risk.

It looks like I'm screwed when it comes to AdSense. I really want to offer my software and games as freeware rather than charging money for them. Through AdSense I had an opportunity to make some profit off ads. Can anyone recommend good alternatives I can try? :(
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

// Update

I think my best bet will be going with Tribal Fusion and waiting for Yahoo!'s program to become internationally available. Thoughts? :wink:
  • Managedlinks
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Managedlinks
  • Posts: 294

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have tried others such as adbrite and clicksor and honestly can say for me its not worth it.

If you have huge traffic they may work. but even with google you need large amounts of traffic to earn a buck.

You are better off trying to sell advertising space to people who see your customers are potentially their customers. you'll make better bucks that way
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5739
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, I used to think that way too... and sure, you'll need decent amounts of traffic to actually make AdSense your primary source of income, but you can make a few bucks a month even on a low-traffic site if the ads are strategically placed and sized in such a way that people feel compelled to click on them.

A low-traffic site can still turn into a lil pocket money.. It wouldn't be hard to setup a few low-traffic sites and pull in a coupla hundred bucks a month between 'em.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
You know, I used to think that way too... and sure, you'll need decent amounts of traffic to actually make AdSense your primary source of income, but you can make a few bucks a month even on a low-traffic site if the ads are strategically placed and sized in such a way that people feel compelled to click on them.

A low-traffic site can still turn into a lil pocket money.. It wouldn't be hard to setup a few low-traffic sites and pull in a coupla hundred bucks a month between 'em.

That's only making me feel even worse about the fact that I'm going to miss out on it all. Any idea when the Yahoo! program should make it's international debut? :wink:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 5739
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've no idea to be honest with you...

I tried Clicksor's inline text links, didn't work out too great, but I still have an account with them, so I may setup a site and throw some Clicksor banners on it, see how it does.

That might be another alternative for you.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Posts: 764
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
I've no idea to be honest with you...

I tried Clicksor's inline text links, didn't work out too great, but I still have an account with them, so I may setup a site and throw some Clicksor banners on it, see how it does.

That might be another alternative for you.

It's only recently that AdSense has evolved into the program of choice due to a boost in popularity. They're way too dominant to stay that way. I think it's only a matter of time before MSN jumps in, now with Yahoo! in beta and all. Plus, programs like Tribal Fusion, VibrantMedia and even Clicksor seem pretty promising - at least they'll serve as worthy substitutes until the bigger programs become internationally available. :)
  • Donkey4Life
  • Born
  • Born
  • Donkey4Life
  • Posts: 3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nurvix website is impressing me, I can't take it anymore, too jealous.
  • tcph
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 18

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
I've no idea to be honest with you...

I tried Clicksor's inline text links, didn't work out too great, but I still have an account with them, so I may setup a site and throw some Clicksor banners on it, see how it does.

That might be another alternative for you.


Haha, I seen sites using the inline text links from Clicksor. The search reseults are not quite relevent. For example: I browsed on a computer-based site, and they used "Windows" as one of the text links. Guess what, the search result became, Fixing house window and residence based results.
  • boxerboy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • boxerboy
  • Posts: 60

Post 3+ Months Ago

does google give adsense for computer security sites?
please check securitybay.org and could youll tell me if they will accept it...dont want to get banned before i start :P
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

They will not ban you for just submitting a site. They may reject the site, but they will not ban you.
  • ekaman
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • ekaman
  • Posts: 8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why didn't you send email to adsense and ask




More about Adsense Adwords Google
  • thetramp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thetramp
  • Posts: 29
  • Loc: birmingham/U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

try signing up for adsense but instead of putting them in your site,give google your links.

and keep on telling them it was your evil brother.

they should give up eventually.and get you out of the blacklist....

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.