Advice on promoting my new website

• pirate_86
  • Born
  • Born
  • pirate_86

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone, signed up just a few minutes ago. i have been reading some forum posts and everyone seems to be very knowledgable. I am currently in the process of creating a website highlighting all the details of hotels across Australia and New Zealand. I'll be starting the website with 1000 entries so that means that every hotel will have an individual page with 1000+ words per page, and also links to their website. That means that there will be alot of content. In the next 5 years i aim to have this figure close to the 15,000 mark. Any my questions are as follows:

As i am charging for advertising space and not selling a product, it is very important to bring in traffic to the website. With so much content on the site what can i do to bring in extra traffic to the website?

Would google adwords be a suitable approach?

Because i would have so much content would google adsense make much money?

Thanking you all in advance for your help and support. it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Peter Richardson
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum, from a semi-newbie. :wink: First off, if your site will have a lot of content, the search engines will LOVE you. Here are some thoughts and ideas which may help you to achieve your goals:

1. Learn basic SEO - You can probably find all the information you need in the forums. Off-page factors are more heavily weighted than on-page factors, so focus most of your attention there, e.g. backlinks, anchor text, etc.

2. Submit to directories - You can submit your site to website directories, and/or write on-topic articles (with a link to your site in the Resource Box) and submit them to the article directories. Both of these strategies will both increase your traffic and help you in the SE rankings.

3. AdWords - This approach can be hit or miss, and depends largely on your topic and competition. I'd suggest you do some research before "taking the plunge", and if and when you do, start small. You'll be able to determine pretty quickly if this approach will work for you, and if it does, you can gradually increase your investment.

4. Update content regularly - Static sites tend to drop off in the SERPs, so it's important to update your site with fresh content on a regular basis.

Hope this helps, and best of luck. :D

Sam
  • pravin4work
  • Born
  • Born
  • pravin4work

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google adwords gave quality trafic....

Advertise on Google adwords
  • zerrlander
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since you desire advertising as a source of revenue, have you considered affiliating your site with others that offer complimentary services? You can promote them for free and get paid every time someone visits your site. Check out revenuegateway.com and let me know if you have any Q's, I'd be happy to help :D
  • Green11
  • Green11

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also Im not sure how you will get people to pay to be listed on a brand new site.
Perhaps letting people sign up for free at first could encourage visitors.
  • Jessica@IncentaClick
  • Jessica@IncentaClick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Peter,

I see that you're already advertising on your website. Have you considered a 2-Tierred Referral Program? You receive payment for 5% of the ad earnings for any referred Publishers accepted into the network, and 5% of the campaign budget for any referred Advertisers, Forever!

If you'd like to discuss this further pease feel free to contact me.

I hope this helps. I wish you all the success!
  • ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try searchfeed? i know someone who tried it and got alot of traffic to there site :)
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

pirate_86 wrote:
Hello everyone, signed up just a few minutes ago. i have been reading some forum posts and everyone seems to be very knowledgable. I am currently in the process of creating a website highlighting all the details of hotels across Australia and New Zealand. I'll be starting the website with 1000 entries so that means that every hotel will have an individual page with 1000+ words per page, and also links to their website. That means that there will be alot of content. In the next 5 years i aim to have this figure close to the 15,000 mark. Any my questions are as follows:

As i am charging for advertising space and not selling a product, it is very important to bring in traffic to the website. With so much content on the site what can i do to bring in extra traffic to the website?

Thanking you all in advance for your help and support. it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Peter Richardson

Hi Peter,

One other thing you may want to try (that I failed to mention in my earlier post) is PPC advertising with a company other than Google. AdWords is without question the biggest, but the competition is so fierce that it can be a difficult place to "break in" for someone new to PPC. I can recommend Allfeeds.com if you're looking for a place to start - I've had good results with their programs as an affiliate publisher, and their CPC is typically quite a bit lower than AdWords'.

HTH,
Sam
  • brampton
  • brampton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submit to my directory its free
http://www.directorypatch.com
  • simpson
  • simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to post articles to digg.com

Also, try to find a promotional site where they offer text advertising.

Check out trashbank.com
  • jdrost
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jdrost

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find Google Adwords expensive and can blow your budget quickly, I would look at some of the smaller ppc websites as well, I've used Enhance and have been very happy with them. Good quality traffic.

John

http://www.tripple-d.com
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can buy some text link advertising on some highly popular websites as well. This way you will pay less than PPC programs
  • emmacool
  • emmacool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd recommend click-share.com again. i really don't have any complains about them.
  • saxena
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • saxena
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Pirate

Adsense is surely becoming an ideal arena for several online advertisers. Adsense is also an intricate subject, and requires deep understanding of different techniques used.

Adsense is getting infected with issues like click fraud which is quite depressing for several online marketing professionals. The best way to go about search engine marketing is to opt for Search Engine Optimization.

Once your website is ranking on natural results, then it will not effect your budget regardless of how many times your ad gets clicked.

It will help you to select whether you should move ahead with PPC or Search Engine Optimization.
  • rubia126
  • Born
  • Born
  • rubia126

Post 3+ Months Ago

pirate_86 wrote:

Kind Regards
Peter Richardson

hi

well i suggest you to go for a proper SEO company for this cause ur target is multipule they will advice u right that what should u do am using one for my site http://www.puffyeyes.com whis SEo is my responsibility and i contact to http://www.getquickseo.com for this and by spending a sum of small amount am getting the return go ahead chek it out to
hope this will help u out

rubia
  • Jimmy17
  • Jimmy17
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should set up affiliate programs with many hotels. Esspessically the one that you talk about in your site anyhow. so when you provide a link to a specific hotel it has your affiliate id. When someone books a room you get commission.

Besides you should set up an account with cj.com or other affiliate sites so that you can earn from commission on any other types of purchases
  • zonker720
  • Born
  • Born
  • zonker720

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are two important things we need to know before giving advice.

1. What's your budget? (are you looking to do it yourself or are you spending money on the project?)

2. How did you build your site? Is it data base driven? (I hope so, with that much content). Does the system create SE friendly pages, does it create a friendly navigation system?

With that much content, and given the amunt of new content you will be adding, I think SEO is the best option to start with, but I would hire a professinal to get you started.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts