Adwords - All Caps vs. Standard Caps

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is something I have tested in the past three weeks. Is there a difference between all caps in the text in the ads and standard caps in the text of ads? I never liked the look of ads that had every word capitalized, but through my test of 3 ads, each in a different industry, and with a total of over 2000 clicks, I have found an average of a 1.5 - 2.5% better CTR with the ads having all caps. Conversion Rate also increased slightly.

This may be something to consider trying with some of your ads. I would at least test and monitor it for a few weeks. I would like to hear some of your results as well.

Examples:

Buy Widgets Online Now Here
50% Off All Widgets. Free Shipping
vs.
Buy widgets online now here
50% off all widgets. Free shipping
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to admit, your findings do not supprise me.

Quote:
Buy Widgets Online Now Here
50% Off All Widgets. Free Shipping

This is much more pleasing and more eye catching than not having every word capitalised.

We have always capitalised the first letter of each word in the first line of our ads. Its all about making your ad different to everyone elses and finding a unique way to stand out from the crowd.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been seeing many ads doing the all caps way and I have personally never liked it. I just took over the ppc for a large company and noticed they were doing it for almost all their ads and I thought I would do a comparison. Looks like I am going to be changing many of my ads to all caps.
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion all caps is better because of the function of the text. By this I mean that because people know that they are reading an advert that it is ok for it to be presented in all caps. They expect it to be more like a headline than a sentence.

Maybe I'm over analysing though :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts