adwords IBLs

• beefcakejcc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • beefcakejcc
  • Loc: Atlanta,GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just did a link:url search on my competitor harmonicalessons.com. And I noticed that the 6th IBL listed is from a Adwords link on an Amazon.com page (which he actually seems to have dropped out of the top 3 since the last indexing)

Does this mean that in addition to driving traffic to your site that Adwords also helps your Page Rank? If you found a search phrase that would get you lots of impressions for a very low Maximum CPC couldn't you raise your PR very high? Or does Google know to ignore IBL's from sites like Amazon?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have noticed this on my own adwords links. I followed a few of the links from my logs but when you go to the page the ad is sometimes not there. Competitive phrases have lots of ads in the rotation. Chances of mine being one of them is slim.

As for PR I guess if it's viewed as a link and the page has good PR you'll get some in return....but you have no control over which pages your ads will be shown on.

Does anyone know if any of the spiders follow the urls in the adwords, and if they do are we paying for it? :roll:
  • pompei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pompei

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's bizarre. I don't know why google would (or should) count its own adword links as "votes". They would probably count for other search engines though (like Yahoo now), unless they explicitly filter google ad links.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have seen Google spider the Adwords ads and have seen them in the serps, but I have never seen Google use them as backlinks. That is weird.
  • beefcakejcc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • beefcakejcc
  • Loc: Atlanta,GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw this on one of my Adwords also after posting this message. I guess the more adwords you have out there the better chance you have of the Google Spider catching one with a high PR while your ad is on there. It seems like some gigantic sites are getting a lot of help by this.

Not only does it give you potentially a lot of backlinks in addition to traffic but I would also think that having anchor text in your add would help also.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts