Adwords, Overture & MSN PPC

• fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

So everyone's heard the news that Microsoft is launching it's own PPC program ( testing in France and Singapore for now).

http://www.searchengineguide.com/laycock/003686.html

Just would like to simply ask those of you who use PPC:

1) what features do you like /dislike about google adwords?
2) what features do you like / dislike about overture?
3) what are some must have features you'd like to see in MSN?

I guess I'll start with my own.
I personally love the fact that you can have multiple ads rotate per keyword in google and I dislike the 3 day editorial lag time in overture. I do like the biddiing tools in overture much better than google. In google I feel like I am placing a wager / bet on my ad position. (It's almost like betting on the horses for 1st, Place Show ) But I guess it is a good trade off since you can bid low, have high CTR and rank high. MSN will be doing this as well.

I would also like to see dayparting tools built in.

What do you want to see in the new MSN interface?
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think overture have to improve it search PPC, i using a US account, an it only appear in Yahoo.com , asia yahoo have to set up a different account from the asia yahoo side (Think is very stupid lol, have to set up many account just to put an ad). The control panel of overture is super slow when loading, i have to wait and wait for it to load.

Unlike Google adword, you can set or target which countries you wan to have your ad. Thats call one- stop ( Best i like about adwords). The control panel also load very fast.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah that is entirely true. I also wanted to do an overture ad spend for the US and Asia as well and was told to set up another account. Doesn't really make sense.
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't use Overture because it set the minimum bid at $0.10 a click. From what I've heard, Adwords produces higher quality traffic than Overture.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

weblaunch wrote:
Adwords produces higher quality traffic than Overture.

No I think its the other way around.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess it depends on the words that your are aiming for and the industry. I've seen better results on each.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Overture is more to Retail business while Google doing great at Business to Business, I got good clicks on overture but ROI is better in Google, and overture navigation is bit complex than Google...
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google is simple and staight forward when it comes to signup compared to Overture.

I left overture signup in the middle.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

weblaunch wrote:
I don't use Overture because it set the minimum bid at $0.10 a click. From what I've heard, Adwords produces higher quality traffic than Overture.

The bids for the keywords at Adwords are much more higher than any PPC too but.
You have to compare returns based on budget spent for same web-site from Adwords and Overture.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

On average, the cost per click is higher with Overture (in my experience), but it all depends on the industry.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
On average, the cost per click is higher with Overture (in my experience), but it all depends on the industry.

I dont if it is changed since 8-10months but last year the bids for hosting related keywords were 10times more expensive at Adwords than overture
FYI. At these days MSN was working with overture.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

dolay wrote:
vetofunk wrote:

I dont if it is changed since 8-10months but last year the bids for hosting related keywords were 10times more expensive at Adwords than overture
FYI. At these days MSN was working with overture.

Like I said, it was just my experience in the industries I work with. Also, Overture (Yahoo Search Marketing) still works with MSN, the change to MSN's own PPC system is suppose to take place sometime in June.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts