Beginner AdSense Concerns/Questions

• NetzzJD
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NetzzJD
  • Loc: Texas, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been looking into using Google AdSense for a business site. I just have a few questions for all of the current users of corporate/business sites:
1) AdSense is completly free and has no obligations whatsoever?
2) How and when would my business receive payments?
3) Do I have to give out private business information?
4) What is the deal with taxes...do we have to put Google Adsense into our tax returns and such?
5) I know that you are not supposed to click on your own ads, but what about when we are testing dynamic pages or programs and frequently refreshing/visiting our pages?
6) Should I instruct our employees not to click on any ads as well since most use the same Internet connection, or how does Google know that "I" clicked an ad (ip address?)?
7) Any other legal information I should know about for business use of AdSense?

Thanks for any info...
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
1) AdSense is completly free and has no obligations whatsoever?
2) How and when would my business receive payments?
3) Do I have to give out private business information?
4) What is the deal with taxes...do we have to put Google Adsense into our tax returns and such?
5) I know that you are not supposed to click on your own ads, but what about when we are testing dynamic pages or programs and frequently refreshing/visiting our pages?
6) Should I instruct our employees not to click on any ads as well since most use the same Internet connection, or how does Google know that "I" clicked an ad (ip address?)?
7) Any other legal information I should know about for business use of AdSense?

1) It is free to implement
2) Your business would recieve monthly checks or wire transfers if you live in a country that google allows to make transfers to...don't know the specific countries
3) When applying for the adsense account you would have to fill in the form and it would probably also ask you to fill in any business information such as address etc.
4) You would also need to pay taxes if your returns have a certain amount of income i guess...consult an expert on this matter.
5) Don't click on your ads! No matter what! What has testing your dynamic pages has to do with clicking adsense ads? just don't do it.
6) You should definately instruct your employees not to click the adsense ads otherwise you'll be banned before you can say "check arrived"
7) Other legal issues? Don't think so...just inform yourself through a official tax consultant about your possible adsense earnings and what it might mean for your anual tax report estimation.

Do all your employees necessarely need acces to the website or pages in question? Otherwise block them with a firewall...just a lot of risk for you getting banned.
They will trace it back to the same network ip address and therefor ban you out of the program.
  • NetzzJD
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NetzzJD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, Reaper. Very informative. As for testing pages and refreshing, how does that effect the impressions? Is that the same as purposfully clicking an ad?
Another question too: Is there any easy way to estimate our expected revenue from Google AdSense, or is it too random and various?? I ask because they(my bosses) will most likely want hard facts and figures to be presented. Lets see, right now our site is pulling around 3000 visitors daily, and I plan to put the ads on at least 4-6 well visited pages. Will this give me any idea of our profit?

Thanks again.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
As for testing pages and refreshing, how does that effect the impressions? Is that the same as purposfully clicking an ad?

Refreshing the page itself doesn't really matter, if it does then you couldn't even visit the pages alone without doing something that would be considdered as generating false impressions, don't worry about that, if you do get ads that are on impression based they can always lead the network ip of your company to the page impression and these would not count so to speak but i don't think you would be getting ads that works on impressions so fast :wink: .

Advertisers will select your site for impressions based ads so i think you will be having plenty enough time to work everything out. You will start out with normal ads that need to be clicked on to generate revenue just like everybody else and before you get impression based ads it will take a while. It all depends offcourse how wellknown your site is.

Adsense is a revenue that can change overnight so to speak you never know what the next day brings.
Certain algo adjustments could affect the ads that are going to be displayed and would therefor also effect the revenue of the ads.

It all depends on the content of your site in general, keywords are key in getting certain ads that generates certain revenue.
If your main content is about gardening for instance you will be mostly getting ads that are related to gardening.

My advice to you would be to look at the content of the pages and find out what the main content is of those 5 to 6 pages, probably you would have 5 to 6 pages that maybe or maybe not have various content.

Anyhow knowing this you can open an adwords account in your business name to make bids on these keywords of your 5 to 6 pages and see what the bids are from those results. This should give you a fair idea about what kind of amounts are being paid for the ads that might end up on your pages. From those amounts you take not the top bid and also not the lowest bid but something in between.
And from this amount you take about 20 to 30%...This would be the amount you would probably be getting from a single click.

Knowing this, you can say because you have an average of 3000 unique visitors you take about 1.5 to 2% of 3000, so about 45 to 60 clicks daily could be your revenue daily.
So the endsum would be that you multiply 45 to 60 times the average amount you calculated by using the adwords account for trying to figure out what the bids are for the keywords on the 5 to 6 pages of your site.

Offcourse these are all estimations and can not be looked at as facts but this would be mine approach.
So to say you can supply your employers a exact revenue...this is not possible.

Bids change, ads that are being displayed on your site change therefor revenue would also change.
Hope this cleared something up for you 8)
  • NetzzJD
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NetzzJD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, thanks very much for your response. You have helped out greatly. Thanks.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

:wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts