Buying High PR domain

• itsonlychand786
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it good idea to buy high PR domains, I have heared when WHOIS info changes, Google drops any PR to 0/10 :(

Any info ?
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a domain recently to test this theory and sure eneough the PR dropped to zero at the next pr update, so im not sure if it was the change in content or the change in owners. It seems to be a fair asumption that it is the change in owner as we all have to make our own way on the internet and cannot hold onto the coat tails of others.
  • hotpop
  • hotpop

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMO, don't buy high pr domain name.
After your paymemnt, most of backlinks of that domain name will be removed, then the pr will be 0 after PR next update.
  • cromebiz
  • cromebiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree..Very bad idea. Never buy a high pr site. You WILL get swindled. Unless you have the contract state that you are just "Assuming" ownership and the original owner keeps the whois info. I can be done but it has to be done so that all the bases are covered.
  • Swiss Watch
  • Born
  • Born
  • Swiss Watch
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my experience (and a damn painful one it was) changing the site layout can get you de-indexed. We waited 3 long months to see if Google would re-index the ste with it's shiny new design and nothing happened. So we changed it back and 3 MORE months later we were back in the index.

I'm not convinced WHOIS would have anything to do with it personally.
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had brought a high PR domain name. It drop to 0. I sure learned my lesson. I spent about $1500.
  • seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me offer my experience which runs a bit counter to that.

My friend used to run a great content domain on a good url. He sold the URL and we moved the text to my server under a new domain. Three years later 80% of the links people had made to that URL are still in place and that domain is always #2 on the desired keyword. The buyer essentially bought 2500+ incoming links to his domain. In addition a subpage which has the file structure of my old site is now placing on page two and he doesn't even have anything located there. This was three years ago, so I honestly don't remember if there was a drop for him when he first got the domain, but if there was he certainly recovered.

On another note, I forgot to renew one of my domains and it was bought by some idiot. I ended up buying it back. During that process it went from a PR of 4 to 0. I think within the next index it will return to it's usual place.

Of course this is a legitimate content site focused on a high value keyword.

This is for a PR 5 website.

So, your experience may varry.
  • guitarman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • guitarman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont see any relationship between whois and PR. however, I believe that the PR drops to zero simply because there may be different in content of the sites i.e. the site may change the theme from theme A to theme B or like others said: "number of inbound links" have changed. just IMHO.
  • hiredesigner
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hiredesigner
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont know buying domain is beneficial or not. But i dont think that the reason behind falling of PR from 10 to 0 is buying domain. May be it is because of less no of back links.
  • tradeweblinks.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • tradeweblinks.com
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

which buying domain you should take care of some things as below:-

1. total number of back links
2. quality of back links
3. type of back links paid or free
4. how much old is domain

If you are buying high page rank domain you must still continue link building without that its not possible to keep your page rank high because google checks everything .

so next time you want to buy any domain check out things first.

thank you
  • aboutpaydayloan
  • Born
  • Born
  • aboutpaydayloan

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not that google drops PR, it is because that PR was fake to begin with.

Alot of people who sell domains with PR, fake their PRs

they use 301 redirects of other high PR websites, then once they sold the domain to you, they cancel it 301 and after a few weeks your PR is gone.

If you want to buy a high PR domain you must do at least the following

1. Number and quality of back links: If a website has PR 5 but has less than 20 cheap back links, then you know there is something wrong. Check out the number and quality of backinks to that domain

2. History: High PR websites are only possible with time. You can't have a PR 6 website if the site is one year old. So check out the domain age. Also check out domain historical data...like the site history and etc.

3. Buy it from reputable domain seller: Buy high PR domains from reputable domain dealer. If buying on ebay, make sure you read the seller reviews.

4. Nothing is cheap; If you are finding a high PR domain that is super cheap, well there is something wrong.
  • sixthsense
  • sixthsense
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

The pagerank will be gone when they remove the backlinks (or 301 redirects). For us, the regular people this isn't directly visible we have to wait till the next public pagerank update. Personally I don't buy a domain because it's pagerank. I buy a domain because it has value for me.
  • dake1
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

hotpop wrote:
IMO, don't buy high pr domain name.
After your paymemnt, most of backlinks of that domain name will be removed, then the pr will be 0 after PR next update.

Thanks for updating, but why would anyone buy sites in the first place if this is the case, rather than investing in building up a site from scratch?

Thank you
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should build a really detailed plan to how to use it after purchase.
It's not the matter of google penalty, it's the matter of control.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts