Email Marketing Benefits

• nick8609
  • nick8609
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Email marketing is a great opportunity to reach out to millions of people in a matter of seconds.

Through opt-in email addresses the response rate is real high, and so the internet allows email marketers great chances for profit, list building, and traffic. But, besides the simplicity of email marketing there are some basics to understand to know that you’re going through it in the best way.

Like mentioned, there are great benefits to email marketing, so it makes sense to take time to understand it. There’s a few benefits of marketing through email & I will quickly cover them here.

Fast-
First, the greatest benefit of all is the fast approach of email and the just as fast responses. It is possible to send out your first email and then get orders in the inbox in minutes. Email marketing is pretty much the fastest and amazing out of all marketing methods when you use it correctly.

Testing-
Marketing emails will usually have to be tested. Testing is a typical part of any kind of marketing. With email marketing the testing is much faster since the process of email marketing is sped up anyways, and so testing various emails will be faster.

Affordable-
When doing email marketing not much money has to be spent. All that is needed is a computer, internet, and time to write an email. Email marketing in general is free although you will have to pay for other things in order to do so.

Response-
Another amazing part about email marketing is the ability to get responses in almost light speed; basically minutes. The reason is that the individual on the receiving end will receive the email and then make a decision. They will either delete your email without reading it, delete it after reading some or all, or read it and buy what you’re promoting/marketing. And the best part is those that are happy with the product or purchase could forward it to friends or family, thus increasing sales and your customer base.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main thing is that you got to do the list building in an appropriate manner. Then, behave orderly with the clients.
  • hiyatran
  • Born
  • Born
  • hiyatran
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought email marketing was dead cause when I see email promoting something I just automatically save it in my recycling bin. I think a lot of people are like me. If this is the case, then is it a waste of time and money to promote with email. I know it is great 10 or 15 years ago. What works 10 or 15 years ago does not really apply for today's SEO.

Are there anyone out there that's still using email marketing and does it work?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest that you are mistaken in your thinking. Just because you do something it is not logical to presume the majority are the same.

Email marketing is not "dead". In fact quite the contrary. Not to mention in terms of ROI it is still the most cost efficient method of electronic marketing.

A 2009 Global Consumer Email Study
Quote:
A permission-based email is an email communication from a marketer to a consumer or business that has subscribed or opted-in to receive email communications from the sender. PBEs are more likely to elicit actions from APAC respondents including clicking on a website, signing up for more information, watching a video clip, clicking on an advertised link or purchasing on- or off-line. APAC also leads in reported usage of a PDA or Smartphone for email with 32%, significantly more than North America (9%) and Europe (7%).

In addition, consumers take a variety of offline actions including visiting a store (49%) and purchasing by phone (25%) or catalog (25%) which reinforces the need for marketers to implement a multi-channel strategy. Six out of ten (59%) APAC consumers report making an offline purchase as a result of email communications, followed by North America (53%) and EMEA (37%).

Quote:
“In order to reach consumers at the right time with the most appropriate message, it is critical that multichannel marketers understand consumer behavior and properly adjust their message, timing, and overall strategy to ensure success,” according to Andrew Frawley, President, Email and Digital Solutions at Epsilon. “This research also clearly demonstrates that the email channel does not exist in isolation from other online and offline channels. Organizations must integrate these email best practices with communications in other channels to deliver the highest ROI programs.”

Merkle also issued a whitepaper last year, then based on their research provided added tips on effective email marketing.
Quote:
The 2009 ‘View from the Inbox’ report reveals new insights into the attitudes and opinions of the average U.S. consumer toward permission-based email. Highlights include:
A Bigger “Inner Circle”: The Inner Circle is Merkle’s term for the companies that a consumer chooses to receive emails from. For the past six years, this number held steady at nine. Today, the new average is ten, signaling that subscribers’ capacity for brand engagement via email is expanding slightly.
Add Me to Your Contacts: Slightly more than half (53%) of consumers have added at least one company to their address books to ensure that emails land in their inboxes.
Not Relevant? No Thanks: Subscribers who opt-out of permission email cite that these emails lack relevance (75%) or are sent too frequently (73%).
Not So Fast:Slightly over half of respondents said that they were less willing to sign-up for email communications when compared to just a few years ago – showing that they are exercising caution. To grow their subscriber lists organically, marketers must continue to emphasize the value of their emails to consumers.
Common Disconnect: An inverse relationship exists between the emails that are valued by consumers, such as transaction-related confirmations (64%) and account summaries (55%), and the quantities that they receive, such as news alerts (20%) and offers (18%).
For the ‘2009 View from the Inbox’ report, Harris Interactive® surveyed 2,505 U.S. adults age 18 and over who check and/or send email at least once a week. The margin of error for the study is +/- 2.0% and the confidence level used to report comparisons between sub-segments of respondents is 95%.

A wealth of valuable information for email marketers can be found in this 2010 article

From my own personal experience, I subscribe to several PBE (Permission Based Email) subscriptions, with one being several newsletters and feeds from TechRepublic.

In fact in the time I've taken to research and write this reply, I've received at least half a dozen of my daily emails from them. Even as little as an hour ago I clicked on an advertisement in one of them which led me to IBM's sponsored site http://smartplanet.com. I found it so beneficial and relevant that I immediately bookmarked it, and intend to return to it daily.

In addition I also subscribe to a variety of retailers that I shop at frequently such as Home Depot, Best Buy, and my local grocery store, as well as online retailers such as Amazon, GoDaddy, and PapaJohn's Pizza, too. I frequently shop both online and offline as a result of advertisements I see in the emails.

No, email marketing is not dead. When used properly it can be highly beneficial.

//edit -- I probably should mention that any unsolicited email that makes it past my spam filters, does get quickly deleted with very little to no attention paid to them.
  • IJR112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IJR112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally tried email marketing for a company I was working with and the returns were not very good and the provider thought we were too spammy even though we weren't.
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of course provider gonna think you are "black spammer" even if you don't.
  • funnyface
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funnyface
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Austin80ss wrote:
Of course provider gonna think you are "black spammer" even if you don't.

In this case I think that you need to build the chain of the emails only using emails from the users which have been subscribed. From other hand you need to send over several emails, not just one. That is very very important. I use tickletrain to send and plan emails.
Just if you act without any additional tools that will be hard.
  • Erseda2013
  • Born
  • Born
  • Erseda2013

Post 3+ Months Ago

Comparing to other marketing strategies, I didn't experienced a good result with email marketing...
  • TroubleShooter
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Email marketing works not bad even now but it's not for everyone. If you have a dating website - it will be exactly what you need. But here it's important to have a good database of real people and to be able to send letters in a such way that they won't get into spam lists.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts