Voting Chart

Total votes : 4

Have you used an Opt-In email marketing company to promote a site?

Poll ended at February 28th, 2006, 7:23 pm.

•  
    yes
  •  
    no
  •  
    worked well
  •  
    didnt work

Email Marketing - Has anyone else done it?

• yourpc1596
  • Born
  • Born
  • yourpc1596
  • Loc: Anchor Point AK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have several websites of my own and many others I work on with the owners. (about 22 in all) I allways have people ask me what the fastest way to get traffic to their site is. I know that SEO and Submissions are best in the long run but how about using opt-in email services to get the word out at first? I want to try this method on one of my own sites to see if it works for traffic. Has anyone out there used one of these comanies? What kind of traffic was created from it and who is a good company to use? Any suggestions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you site's have their own lists and just didn't buy lists, you can get a great conversion rate with email marketing. The company I work for has a great email marketing program as well.
  • yourpc1596
  • Born
  • Born
  • yourpc1596
  • Loc: Anchor Point AK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I don't have a list for the one I want to try this on. I would like to find a service that has its own lists at first. Then as this site has its own list built I will use my own list. I have been looking at companies that have their own lists and when I look at one I use the who's on the domain name to see that they have been in business for a while and have not had their site shut down for spamming. I have found several that have been around for at least a couple of years. I have also looked at several that have been around since the mid to late 90s. The ones that have been around for a while longer tend to be more expensive. Is it kind of like domain names? I noticed that that have been around for a while companies like verisign charge way more than other companies like godaddy. Does this apply to some of the OPT-In email companies too? obviously there will be some shady websites. Thats why I check to see how long they have had their domain name. InfoUSA has their own lists but it seems their a little expensive unless the ROI is higher than I'm thinking it will be.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I answered no to the poll, as the question in your poll and the question in the subject line aren't the same answer.

Yes I've done it before, and it works great. An opt-in mailing list for your site is one of the top ways to KEEP traffic coming back to your site.

I didn't use a 3rd party company to do it. I wrote all the needed scripts and do it myself.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts