• Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey

one of my client loose his approx $400 from google just because he did fraud click in one day out of 800 page view he did 300 clicks. after 3 days his login is disabled and google sent them the mail that due to fraud clicks your a/c is disabled.

he never got the google ads again.

:!:
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreams wrote:
hey

one of my client loose his approx $400 from google just because he did fraud click in one day out of 800 page view he did 300 clicks. after 3 days his login is disabled and google sent them the mail that due to fraud clicks your a/c is disabled.

he never got the google ads again.

:!:

Im not supprised his account was disabled lol.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didnt post the message here to surprise you !!! :P

If you want to surprise go to some other site .

:P
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreams wrote:
i didnt post the message here to surprise you !!! :P

If you want to surprise go to some other site .

• dreams
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

what you want to show here by this post !!!!!!!!

8)
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I honestly have no clue what your talking about.....

So lets just leave it there - have a nice day :)
  • tateusmaximus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

wasnt there a clash of sense of humours in this post!

HEAHEHA

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

tateusmaximus wrote:
wasnt there a clash of sense of humours in this post!

HEAHEHA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol I think so - I just got kinda lost. :P
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Madmonk, are you talking about preventing it from an affiliate program standpoint, being acused of it from an affiliate standpoint or dealing with it from an advertiser standpoint?

I work for an affiliate program currently, and have worked for 2 other affiliate programs in the past, so I have some experience investigating and preventing fraud.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ hahaha

Yeah, I have one client that looses quite a bit to click fraud, I only know this because Google refunds us most of the time, but I am sure a lot gets across. That's what you get for spending thousands a month in Google.

With other smaller ppc engines, I usually call the up when I am seeing some abnormal behavior in our clicks vs. sales. Usually I am able to get a refund.
  • kerjan21
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kerjan21
  • Loc: Darker side of the Moon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use adwords and come across fake clicks from time to time. When clickthroughs double on a day-to-day basis, it must be fraud, right?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Madmonk, are you talking about preventing it from an affiliate program standpoint, being acused of it from an affiliate standpoint or dealing with it from an advertiser standpoint?

didnt make myself clear.. :oops: yeah, from advertiser point of view.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Madmonk: Get yourself a copy of Geoip from maxmind (http://www.maxmind.com). It's not a end-all solution, but it will help. It's basically a geographic IP locator database with monthly updates.

Also google for open proxy lists. Many cheaters use form robots to cheat, and many of the form robots use open proxies to mask their true IP address. Maintain a list and throw out anything coming from open proxies.

Also check out the software that cheaters are actually using. I have a few links that I won't post publicly, so pm me if you want the list. It helps to know what you are up against. As I mentioned, many of the cheaters use open proxies, and so do the tools, though many of the tools go one step further and actually find the open proxies for the cheater. Having these tools, you can get a list of the same open proxies they are using and simply ban them.

kerjan21: This isn't necessarily true. Adwords is an incredibly dynamic beast. They scan your site regularly looking for keywords to use when displaying ads.
Also, advertisers on adsense generally don't advertise for extended periods of time. This means that the ads on your site change over time. Maybe yesterday adwords was displaying ads that your surfers didn't respond well enough to, so google adjusted a bit, found some other ads that fit, tried them, and your surfers liked them better so your revenue went up.
My experience with adsense (as an affiliate) is that our revenue has increased by about 15-20% each month for the 4 months we've been using them. Also remember, that when your surfers click on a adsense link, google gets paid just like you do, so it's in their best interest to serve ads that work for your site.

I have also experienced periods where 1 day I'll get $150, and the next day I get $320. I chalk that up to google just adjusting.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, since google does extensive fraud investigation, and I'm sure they won't payout if they think there is any fraud involved. If, on the other hand, your revenue is doubling daily, I would bring it to their attention and let them know it's not you doing it.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, kerjan, I thought you said ADSENSE, not Adwords. I have not used adwords, so I don't know how you would go about proving it's fraud, though much of what I said is still true: It may simply be that google has found more/better sites to promote your ad on.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

We cannot forget the "drive-by-clickers" either, which is almost always your competition. They don't usually click and click and click, they look through their competition clicking on ads to see what they have.

I went to a conference last year. There was about 500 people in the forum where I was at and the question was asked "How many people click on their competition a few times a week?" 90% of the people raised their hands.

Until the ppc engines come up with a better and easier way to find and fight this, I don't think it will stop.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vetofunk, I'm not sure this is fraud in the truest sense of the word. A few extra clicks per week isn't going to make much of a difference, and checking out your competition to see what they're doing isn't really malicious.
I have however, heard horror stories where people were running adwords campaigns and their competition used a clickbot just to eat up their money and get them off the page. Of course, google refunded the money, but still, it does happen, and they ended up having to re-bid. That kind of fraud, fortunately, is easy to detect.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

In cases like that, you need to look into and get refunded. But as you said, it's gonna happen all the time, some clicks here and there. I don't worry about it unless I notice a big problem.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
We cannot forget the "drive-by-clickers" either, which is almost always your competition. They don't usually click and click and click, they look through their competition clicking on ads to see what they have.

I went to a conference last year. There was about 500 people in the forum where I was at and the question was asked "How many people click on their competition a few times a week?" 90% of the people raised their hands.

good point veto! :P
this is another area of interest to me.
Exactly how are we going to cope with competitors' clicks? Havent been to a conference like that as yet or meet anybody who has experienced such stuffs. heh.

so, a few times/clicks a week per webmaster makes a lot of difference
- in terms of money spent.of cuz. I find it hard to guage or trust the figure sometimes. law of averages?? :-)

This applies to keyword suggestion tool as well. 500 webmasters using the same keywords in their research in the SAMe month makes heck of a lot of difference..

or there is a stat tool that shows the past few months of keyword research outthere that I am not aware of ?? :oops:

TIA for feedback so far guys, its been helpFUL. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts