Is it good marceting idea?

• Kait
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi!
Our company (we produce and sell web templates) created some web-template collection (12 one topic web&logo templates).
Is template collection - good idea? Will it atrackt new customers?
Can it help us to increase our traffic & sales?
  • Huligan
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to know how popular your template-related keywords are, then you should use Google's keyword tool. This will tell you how often template-related terms are searched for and this should give you some idea of what kind of traffic you can expect once your website begins appearing in search engines. At least you will know the best case scenario. Good luck.

Pay Per Click Reference
  • Kait
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Huligan wrote:
If you want to know how popular your template-related keywords are, then you should use Google's keyword tool. This will tell you how often template-related terms are searched for and this should give you some idea of what kind of traffic you can expect once your website begins appearing in search engines. At least you will know the best case scenario. Good luck.

Pay Per Click Reference

Thank's for attenton. Now we use Google AdWords company and other promotion (articles, press-releases link exchange etc.)
But on yuor opinion sells are depended on SEO and Google only? Ignoring those factores - is template collection - worthy marketing idea?
  • Huligan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm in web development and 9 times out of 10 we create custom templates. When we do need a pre-created template we use template monster because of their wide selection. With only 12 templates it will be very difficult for you to compete with them.

Pay Per Click Reference
  • Kait
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Huligan wrote:
I'm in web development and 9 times out of 10 we create custom templates. When we do need a pre-created template we use template monster because of their wide selection. With only 12 templates it will be very difficult for you to compete with them.

Pay Per Click Reference

But TemplatesFlow.com has more than 750 templates))))/ And if you need some pre-created templates - you can use it.))))))
12 templates are only in sport collection (but except of this collection we have another sport templates) :)
  • Huligan

Post 3+ Months Ago

My mistake. If you have a good collection of pre-created templates across multiple industries and niches then you can compete with Template Monster. A big selection is key for any pre-created template website.

Pay Per Click Reference
  • maga_gato
  • Born
  • Born
  • maga_gato

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's good idea. Now I see that you have templates dedicated to Halloween...And even one free, I should say that it is right decision to make 1 for free....I even downloaded it...:-)
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

selling 12 in a 'combo' might be beneficial if people have reseller rights, but few people looking for templates would only need 1.

There are a few people who may set up wads of sites and they might buy bulk, but there is no point catering to such a small market.

In my opinion, if you want to sell bulk (And avoid the competition) sell your design templates directly to web development companies.

If they can buy a template, add content and sell it to a client for 15x the price, it would be more viable than developing a template from scratch for a client HOWEVER they would not buy a template that was already floating around on the internet somewhere else.

You could only sell each template once.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts