Google AdWord Becomed a Monopol ?

• rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

1 and half year ago , when the first time i had applied for Google AdWords i was schocked because 1 click of [web hosting reseller] costed average 5$. I spent some about a month to determine how useful is this and decided that Google AdWords is not for us because average 200$ bring me average 200$ (calculated in yearly basis of every Google AdWords Signups)
And now it is nearly 2005 and i retried the Google AdWords and lets guess how much average 1click cost of the same keyword? Aghrrr.... it is 15$ and only i found myself at 8-9th position... But the more interesting is that : This time every 1 of 3 click turning as a new signup (3 times better then 1.5 year agos)

Rather then Google Adwords it is nearly very hard to find a place at this internet related marketing... But where is it going? Will we pay about 50$ for a click for the same keyword at 2007? Altough the internet related business service costs getting more and more cheaper day by day... I mean will we work just for Google altogether at near future?

Long Live Google ! But something is going too wrong by Google ...
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not try a lower position? Keep on lowering your position till you can meet an acceptable ROI. You may want to try Overture, though Google generally converts better with it-related terms. You also might want to try some of the smaller 2-tier engines such as Kanoodle, Enhance, Looksmart, or Findwhat. The keywords here will be much less expensive.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

This amount is already for 8-9th positions...
I never tried Kanoodle, Enhance, Looksmart, or Findwhat but i have had a very very bad experience with Overture (they pushed us only trash clicks from the 3rd world countries and it was 100+clicks with no sales) so it is hard to trust other Pay per Click search engines rather than Google.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what Vetofunk is pointing out as well, is making a good ROI. Making a lower position but with a good ROI is good business sense.

you can also look into other keyword combinations if you want lower prices. theres so many possibilities!! :-)
  • MikeGibbs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: England (and a little in Spain)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I've found using Google ads very effective over the last year - but have done the following to help manage the cost overall (sorry if is teaching any of you to suck eggs here) ...

1. Really focus on the ad text. Google positions ads based on the cost of a click and how often the ad gets clicked. This makes sense from the point of view of users and Google (who make more money this way - an add that costs £1/click but gets clicked three times more will appear aboce an ad that costs £2/click).

To this end, I've created a large range of ads all targetting quite specific keyword phrases. If the phrase someone searches on closely matches what they see in the add (plus other key features they are likely to find desirable) - then they click more often.

I'm certain that I pay considerably less and rank higher than other ads targetting the same market as my site.

2. Using Google Adsense. I figure that once someone has clicked onto my site, if I present the site well and they like what they see, they stay. If they don't they'll go somewhere else anyway and I might as well get something back for them clicking elsewhere.

Now, my site is a directory / community site, so people probably bookmark and come back again and again, which means that we've seen this build throughout the year. Thus, if you have sticky content that can attract people back, the repeat visits increase your adsense clicks over time.

Since starting at the beggining of the year, the Adsense income has steadily increased and actually exceeded the Adwords spend in Octiber :wink: .

However, I've spent a fair amount of time on this and you do need to work at it (especially tuning the Adwords text)

One question for everyone - I've noticed that the income generated per click from Adsense seems to drop off every once in a while. Google don't (as far as I'm aware) state what % commission you get for each click you pass on. It seems to me that people are spending more and more on clicks and Google are paying a smaller and smaller % of that to the sites that carry their ads. Am I being paranoid here or has anyone else seen this?

I hope that's of some help.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Every aspect of text in the ad is very important. That is why when you are just beginning you should always have a couple of different ads for the same ad group. With a few of my bigger accounts, I actually start off with 6 or 7 different ads for each ad group.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
It seems to me that people are spending more and more on clicks and Google are paying a smaller and smaller % of that to the sites that carry their ads. Am I being paranoid here or has anyone else seen this?

we may be only skimming the surface of it. Google may be earning more than we think.

I have very little experience with adwords but from what i have experienced, it seems to work very well when dealing with products.
esp with a good site copywriting
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adwords is effective, but only if the text in the ad is not misleading. Putting text into the ad just to get people onto your site rather than explaining exactly what they should expect when clicking on the ad will be wasted money.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts