Google PPC Question

• Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

This question is actually geared toward both google and overture PPC campaigns. I am currently bidding on a handful of high traffic keywords and about a dozen low traffic keywords that have either a 0.0% CTR or like a 0.2% - 0.5% CTR. Is this effecting my over all CTR? Should I get rid of the low traffic words and just focus on the 5-8 high traffic ones? We are on a very tight budget like $150/Month for each SE so we really need to get the best bang for the buck! Also I am getting, what seems to be a lower than average CTR on my high traffic keyword as well, could someone give me an example of a good headline and description or some guidelines? Right now we are doing this:

Free Shipping On (Keyword)
Keywords, Keywords, Keywords,
Keywords, Keywords, Keywords,
http://www.redcellpaintball.com

Any suggestions?
Thanks Guys!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should def keep the low traffic keywords if they are very relevant to your products. They are most likely cheaper also. As for the high traffic keywords, only keep them if they are giving you a good ROI.

Things to keep in mind:

1/ Track your ROI. CTR's really do not matter if your getting a horrible ROI.
2/ To decrease cost and decrease cost of sale, try dropping your positioning. When your ROI is where you want it to be, keep your position there.
3/ (Google) Make sure your ads are coming up 100% of the time. If you budget does not match Google's daily budget, lower your position until it does.
4/ (Google) If your getting low CTR's, then your ad is not talking to the visitor. Always create a few different ads for the same ad group in Google. This way you can compare the CTR's and see which ad to keep.
5/ The title of the ad should always have the keyword phrase listed.

Examples:
Blue Widgets

Ad:
Title- Buy Blue Widgets
Line 1 - Find a huge selection of blue widgets.
Line 2 - Quick delivery & free shipping.

Also, do more keyword research...find more specific product names or manufacturers...add in common misspellings.
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone know how to create different ads for the same group in google, I cant find out how!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah...right next to the specific ad, where all the keywords are. Click Create New Text Ad.

Thats it!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts