Help With Affliate Website

• LDot
  • Born
  • Born
  • LDot

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently joined a website that allowed me to chose a website to "own" and make money when someone purchases from my page. I signed up for Google AdSense, but I was denied because they said they couldn't confirm I owned the domain. Google told me:

1. Access the source code of my website.
2. Create a separate page on the site and paste "This post confirms my ownership of the site and that this site adheres to Google AdSense
program policies and Terms and Conditions."

and then resubmit my request to them. Can I do this? I am very new to website creating, but now that I've been playing around trying to figure this out, I am very interested!

Any help on the above issue would be appreciated! Oh, and if the answer is yes I can, can you also tell me how?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can you choose a web site to own if you didn't register it? Someone is pulling your chain.
  • LDot
  • Born
  • Born
  • LDot

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I figure so...the deal is you get a free website that sells a product, which you "make money" off each sell...of course, you the have to spend money to make the website a popular place. And trust me, they have A LOT of suggestions of what you can do to make your website HOT HOT HOT! Pretty dumb to fall for it, now that I think about it, but eh...I'm out nothing but time at this point. Time to put this one to bed.
  • LDot
  • Born
  • Born
  • LDot

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, and get this...when I retrieved the IP address (out of curiosity) and searched it, it went the the company's homepage, not "my" website...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts