Help with google adsense and blogging!

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I got the SEO thing down, and my pages are ranking good for my company, and I am improving my blog rankings daily. I have considered placing google adsense on my wedding blog and company webiste. I was wondering:

1.) How do I permit click fraud
2.) How do I remove/block ads that are competitors
3.) What is the best way to setup & monitor my CTR
4.) Am I even doing the blog thing the right way? Please critique http://encorepartydjs.weblog.com
5.) If my blog is not formatted to make money, how should I change it (google adsense is not implemented yet)
6.) I have noticed various buttons/widgets on blogs (dig, dil.ici.ous). Which ones should I use, what are these?
7.) I kinda understand pinging, should I do this daily/weekly/monthly and other tips?
8.) Can I monitor how much certain keywords are going for? How can I ensure these ones are targeted on my pages?

Also since I am new to blogging, I have been submitting articles to different directories. In the resource box for my submitted articles, I put a link back to my company website and back to my blog for targeted keywords. When I link back to my blog, it links back to the homepage of the blog. Should I be linking back to the page on the blog where the article is, so that I don't get penalized for duplicate content? Should I continue linking to the homepage for my blog until I get decent exposure?

If someone can take me under their wing and show my the ropes I would really appreciate it. I am a VERY fast learner!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
1.) How do I permit click fraud

Surely you mean prevent ?
Make sure you & any other editors aren't the ones doing it, Google seems to be pretty good about weeding out competitors trying to frame you.

Quote:
2.) How do I remove/block ads that are competitors

Why would you want to ?
People don't follow irrelevant ads, relevant ones are 9/10 times going to be competitors right ?

Quote:
6.) I have noticed various buttons/widgets on blogs (dig, dil.ici.ous). Which ones should I use, what are these?

Use the ones that have communities full of people you want comming to your site & try to keep them out of the way.
For instance, using the Slashdot one for a Wedding site is probably a very bad idea, though could end up being pretty entertaining on a Friday.

Quote:
7.) I kinda understand pinging, should I do this daily/weekly/monthly and other tips?

Do it whenever you add a new post/article.

There's really only two things you need to know to make money with Adsense,
  1. How to attract attention
  2. How to drive people away without pissing them off

People click advertisements for one reason, the advertisement seems better than what they're currently looking at.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay thanks for the reply. My company website is selling dj services in michigan. One of the biggest adsense users in my industry is one of my competitors in michigan for dj services. If I do not block his account, then he might make a 1,000$ sale to my .10 cents profit/1,000$ loss on a click thru. Get what I mean?

Should I be concerned about blocking his site, if not then it is just cross marketing.

Also if someone can answer my original questions.......

Quote:
I have been submitting articles to different directories. In the resource box for my submitted articles, I put a link back to my company website and back to my blog for targeted keywords. When I link back to my blog, it links back to the homepage of the blog. Should I be linking back to the page on the blog where the article is, so that I don't get penalized for duplicate content? Should I continue linking to the homepage for my blog until I get decent exposure?

and

Quote:
1.) How do I prevent click fraud
2.) How do I remove/block ads that are competitors (should I do this still yes or no?)
3.) What is the best way to setup & monitor my CTR
4.) Am I even doing the blog thing the right way? Please critique http://encorepartydjs.weblog.com (someone please critique)
5.) If my blog is not formatted to make money, how should I change it (google adsense is not implemented yet)
6.) I have noticed various buttons/widgets on blogs (dig, dil.ici.ous). Which ones should I use, what are these? (which ones should I use, where can I get them, what will they do?)
7.) (my question was answered)
8.) Can I monitor how much certain keywords are going for? How can I ensure these ones are targeted on my pages?
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

bump :(
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's been almost 2 weeks, and there still are some areas that I am confused with. I see that there was only 1 response that was a serious attempt to help my understanding. Am I asking ridiculous questions? Maybe the answers to what I am asking are obvious, but to me they are not.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts