High paying PPC target markets.

• vision
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You often hear of people paying huge dollars for keywords (adwords, search123, searchfeed etc.). I read an article this week about click fraud, and how some keywords command $100 per clickthrough!

Now, I find $100 VERY difficult to believe, just as I find a 50% faud rate hard to believe.

Anyway, this got me wondering what markets command high PPC rates. An example, companies pay more for insurance related traffic than say comic books sales. Is there any sites that list the how competitive different areas are?

I know I could use googles adwords tools and get estimates of cost / clicks per day based on keywords BUT... in order to do that, I must already know what the market is I'm trying to target.

I'm looking for a source where I can get information about markets I know nothing about. If online rice cookers are big business, and have high PPC rates I would like to know about it. I can make websites for online rice cookers just as easily as I can make sites about comic books.
  • peteinoz2
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

see sig for info on adwords etc
  • seobook
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seobook
  • Loc: we are Penn State!!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

the data as far as what is most expensive is not going to be openly published as it will encourage click fraud.

one word that is $100 on Overture for the top 4 or 5 bidders is mesothelioma...lawyers average like over a million bucks a settlement for those cases so they can afford to pay out the nose.

I think data recovery is expensive...kinda tired to think up a bunch of them, but just think of things where a single customer is worth many thousands or millions of dollars.
  • maverickuk
  • Born
  • Born
  • maverickuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adwords are hugely corrupt.

We as a company were paying over £50,000 a year on google ad words for our website http://www.phonefun4u.com , the system worked great at first.

All of a sudden our daily budget was being eaten up within hours and no sales would result, we had no idea what was wrong.

We discovered that a competitor was clicking our ad over and over or paying somebody else to do it. Google offer 'fraud prevention' but this consists of them logging an IP and only allowing that ip a max of 4 clicks to a single site, but then a person can just use a proxy and gain a new IP, they repeat this over nad over until the competitors budget is eaten up. As you can imagine this forced us to suspend our campaig and the competitor got just what they wanted.

Google were no help at all, despite our reasonably high spend.

I would easily belive the 50% fraud rate
  • BSindia
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BSindia
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are lot many demerits in pay-per click system, even I heard about one hosting directory, they are arranging themselves to click the companies listed on their directories. If we calculate the real click, it will be hardly 5 out of 50 clicks.

Online business really need very smart ideas to escape from this type of fraud.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts