horrible CTRs?

• disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone else experience this with adsense? was there anything that helped boost it?

I've heard that an average CTR for untargetted random banner ads is around .5%.. I'm getting far less than that with adsense.

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• beefcakejcc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • beefcakejcc
  • Loc: Atlanta,GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of seven ads I have 2 that are at .05 and everything else is below. What I'm more worried about is my conversion rate. I'm just barely breaking even at this point.

I don't know what you are aiming for but I added the word "Cheap" to one of my adds and my CTR soared to the point that I had to pause it. Out of 100 clicks for a 14.95 product I didn't have a single conversion.
  • disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm assuming you mean adwords?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you talking about adwords, my ctr changes with the client and the positioning. Are you experiencing this as a change? Do you usually get better ctr through these ads? If so, did your position change, or did you change the text in the title or description, because they can make difference? Some of my ctr's are around 1%, some around more around 7%.
  • disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is for adsense.

the ads are displayed in the top-center part of the page.. the colors don't jump out too much, but I didn't want them to..

I'm gettng roughly .2% CTR :\
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
did you change the text in the title or description, because they can make difference?

Can you elobrate on the adwords title and how it effects your ad placement....I though placement was based on you PPC price and daily budget.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, I have found that my CTR can change, not based on the position changing, but by the potential visitor viewing one description/title as better than the other. This is why in the beginning of creating a campaign I will usually create two different ads for the same set of keywords. I can then see what ad brings in the best CRT. I usually see one of them doing a much better job than the other.

I'm sorry if I confused ad positioning with title and description.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah Yes...now I see. I'm gonna try that too!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts