How to calculate the advertising value of your site

• J.
  • Loc: Spain: Malaga: Marbella

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I'm new here, nice forum.

I have been working on a project since 1998, it's a website on a very marginal topic so I think that the current traffic I have is not all that bad. I, and all others that have been involved, have worked pro bono on the site, but I feel that in order to keep growing, and not least, to be able to keep maintaining the site and to provide the readers and users with quality output, I need to start receiving some income from it, as much as I have taken great pride in the site being non-commercial and ad-free.

I have been running Google ad-sense for a while, but it yields about a dollar a day, which is way too low to sustain the site.

I'm looking for advertisers, I have a few interested in running some banners, but I don't know what to realistically charge. I read somewhere that a site with 30.000 page views a month could expect about 120 USD for a 125x125 in a reasonable position. I have an average of 550.000 impressions (1.340.000 hits) per month, roughly 18 times higher, does that mean I can reasonably charge 18 times more? That is, 2.160 USD/month?

This is the site, it's about operatic tenors: http://www.grandi-tenori.com

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think that paying that much to host on your website is most likly too much, you should test the market by keeping your changes low and see how much you can charge for them. i would also advise sharing links with other website in order to get nore trafic so taht you can charge more for your ads.

good luck.
  • J.
  • Loc: Spain: Malaga: Marbella

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback, gu3. I was thinking myself it sounded a lot. However, I already on a (semi)dedicated server and bringing more traffic to the site also equates as higher server costs.

Can't really explain why AdSense is not giving a better revenue for me; I've read about other sites with a lot less traffic getting a lot more $ from their AdSense campaigns.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts