How to get my new site to most people?

• SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have finished my site. Can anyone tell me the best place to put the link to get traffic (other than search engines)?

Any good directory or classifieds or yellow pages where i can put my link free and attract people?
  • Greatone
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Greatone

Post 3+ Months Ago

advertising in craigslist is one way, but it is still best if you can optimize your website and build as many quality inbound links as you can. Having a good rank for a competitive keyword or phrase is a way of getting good amount of quality traffic for a long period of time.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I never heard of it. But I visited and posted . Do a lot of people view this craigslist.org? Any other good places?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

DMOZ, Yahoo Directory, MSN Small Business Directory, PPC Engines...but your best bet will be with free search, so I would focus on that.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to learn about SEO now. I have no idea of keyword optimization etc. so I am reading on
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

good way is to affiliate with those in yr industry or compliment to yr product/service as well.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

affiliation with related services;
Yea, that is the best thing to get good inbound links too I guess.

I did some research for keywords in overture and compared with google results for it and found some good keywords and have done now some optimization. Can anyone check my homepage and comment about keyword optimization?
  • rareeye
  • Born
  • Born
  • rareeye

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm trying to learn more about seo as well. I have been learning a lot.
  • version2
  • Born
  • Born
  • version2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've created a simple, free service that helps provide a bit of traffic to your site, but most importantly, it helps search engines crawl to your site faster.
URL: http://traffic.quate.net/
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

good/quality front link page exchanges work well!
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Text links, banners. Word of mouth is always the best method.
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest make pages for users, not for search engines. Remember PR is not everything, a good ranking doesn't always mean that you'll gain more visitors, and similarly more visitors doesn't always mean more sale.
  • paquito_ucla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paquito_ucla
  • Loc: Bilbao, Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I am trying to learn about SEO now. I have no idea of keyword optimization etc. so I am reading on

Ok! I was in your shoes 6 months ago and I know what it is to be lost in the middle of the desert... I tried intenet business promoter IBP 8.1 - It guided me through pretty basic stuff but it was just what I needed at that time...The software is not the best but it really helps - it is like SEO for dummies - There are plenty of ways to get it...! :wink:

Also, if you or anyone wants it...I can send you a 32 page word document that I made from collecting usuful comments and stuff from the internet. It is nothing fancy but it helped me a lot...and it is pretty well organised... and best of all! it is free! :shock:
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

get as many links to your site as possible from relevant sites. that can help in better search engine ranking
  • ranochio
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ranochio

Post 3+ Months Ago

your website is the one from your signature?
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

SnailDev wrote:
I have finished my site. Can anyone tell me the best place to put the link to get traffic (other than search engines)?

Any good directory or classifieds or yellow pages where i can put my link free and attract people?

You can also submit articles related to your site's content to the article directories, with a link to your site in the resource box. Directories that post your articles will create backlinks to your sites, and other Webmasters who pick up and post your articles on their sites will create additional backlinks. In addition, the search engines crawl article directories (especially the top ones) regularly, so this can help them find and index your site.

HTH,
Sam
  • nrain
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

paquito_ucla wrote:
I tried intenet business promoter IBP 8.1 -

Demo looks great .. but too expensive :x

[/quote]
Also, if you or anyone wants it...I can send you a 32 page word document that I made from collecting usuful comments and stuff from the internet. It is nothing fancy but it helped me a lot...and it is pretty well organised... and best of all! it is free! :shock:[/quote]

would you please send?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts