how much to charge for advertising on my site

• buzzby_247
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • buzzby_247

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there. this is a question for those that have designed sites and allow other people to advertise on their site.

i have people ready to advertise on my site. they have their banners ready and are willing to pay to stick their banners on my site (some want me to design their banners for them), i just dont know how much to charge them. they want the usual 468*60 banner (some want 234*60).

i am unsure what to charge. can anyone give me a rough estimate? so far i have come up with this:

100 pounds to make the banner then a monthly charge of 40 pounds to keep the banner going. obviously if more people want to advertise then thats really good. but for starters i would like some critique on this outcome
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

we would apreciate if you showed us what website you`re talking about.
  • buzzby_247
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • buzzby_247

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok...the website is http://www.ceremonium.co.uk there arent any banners there but there will be once i get a handle on how much to charge. already i have had interest about advertising on my site
  • 8everything
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is your site's Page Rank? Some webmasters purchase text link space depending on your site's PR so they can boost up theres.
  • simpson
  • simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think a lot of people prefer text ad instead of banner ad.

Check out trashbank site.

The site has text as well as banner ad starting at $1 for 30 days.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia

Post 3+ Months Ago

8everything wrote:
What is your site's Page Rank? Some webmasters purchase text link space depending on your site's PR so they can boost up theres.

The PR is 0 :(
  • simpson
  • simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

PR shows 0 because of the landing page is https.
Google does not rank https.

Go to the Trashbank Home Page to see the PR. Trashbank PR is 4

Alexa.com is also good site to compare traffic rankings.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia

Post 3+ Months Ago

trashbank has pr 4 ... yes...

But http://www.ceremonium.co.uk , the website of buzzbizzle, has pr 0 ...
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some webmasters tend to but links based on their PR to boost their PR through a direct link. Some other don't care about PR and look for text links on high traffic websites so that they get visitors in the meanwhile.
  • champi0n
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

buzzbizzle wrote:
hi there. this is a question for those that have designed sites and allow other people to advertise on their site.

i have people ready to advertise on my site. they have their banners ready and are willing to pay to stick their banners on my site (some want me to design their banners for them), i just dont know how much to charge them. they want the usual 468*60 banner (some want 234*60).

i am unsure what to charge. can anyone give me a rough estimate? so far i have come up with this:

100 pounds to make the banner then a monthly charge of 40 pounds to keep the banner going. obviously if more people want to advertise then thats really good. but for starters i would like some critique on this outcome

First off, its your site right. You are the one in charge of the banner format and where the ads go. If you want a small column of 3-4 ads, use the 234*60, or if u wanna rotate regular size banners use the 468.

If you can design good banners, charge them in dollars because shipping pounds of anything is expensive ;) Id say a good banner design can be done for $60-80. (too expensive for low quality and they wont be happy)

Also maybe do the pricing by impressions rather then monthly. (So they know they're getting their moneys worth). Maybe 0.01 cents per impression and 0.04 per click? Maybe charge them $30 bucks a pop minimum and let that run out before charging them again.

So 1,000 impressions is $10 and 200 clicks is $8. (total of $18bucks)

I mean you can work out your own depending on what you want to make monthly vs your hits etc... and remember if your rotating banners, you have to realize that your monthly impressions are being divided to each banner.

Theres a site based out of my home town which makes 9k a month selling adspace.
  • originalconcept
  • originalconcept

Post 3+ Months Ago

it depends of the quality of your site, how many visits has, etc
  • coldgansta
  • coldgansta

Post 3+ Months Ago

i find that the higher the pr the higher the site owners charge for advertising.so the beter your site the more you charge.but i stick to 1 set price for advertising on my website http://www.your-bids.com
and i will place a your banner on evry single page onsite ant thats 300+ pages.and i do this for free if the other website displays my banner or link.
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

buzzbizzle wrote:
ok...the website is http://www.ceremonium.co.uk there arent any banners there but there will be once i get a handle on how much to charge. already i have had interest about advertising on my site

Where are you going to advertise at.
Are you getting a lots of traffic to your website?
  • bookatechie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on the conversion ratio of your website. If the ad is for an other website they can easily measure the cr, if it is for an offline business they can use a rough estimate.
  • oppiweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The traffic you get is most important. At the moment you have an Alexa traffic rank of approx 5,508,499 from # one! To be honest I consider your rates a bit high as you site seems te be new on the web and with that traffic rank there are some days you don't even get a click. To give you an idea, this forum's traffic rank was 6,671 at the time this was posted and that place this forum within the top 7000 performers on the web.

Get this toolbar freeto tell you more about traffic rank and the websites you vissit. :)
  • seoman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • seoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey There,

Forget this nonsense about PR, etc. If you have traffic, then advertising is of value to your advertisers. My suggestion is to offer yearly ad rates, especially if you have a specific topic. I charge about $1500 for a years banner ad on one of my sites. And I'm sure that it brings a better return for my clients than running Adwords, although all the people who run banners also do Adwords.

You should find out what your advertisers are willing to pay. If a caterer makes $3000 profit on a wedding, and your ad brings them 5 deals a year, then the ad is worth $15,000 to them. In this case, you could ask $10K and it would still be worth their while! Of course it still has to compare well ot other sites they might run banners on...

Just some thoughts....
  • Jaddy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Jaddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a very interesting site. The topic you have in your site leads to excitement, eagerness and future plan for the incoming couple persons.

Well, have a reasonable cost for it. First let them surf your site and let the people decide for your offer.

Anyway, your site is a good one.

Have a good luck for the future of your site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts