so, how much $ do you think fb is raking in per hour, now?

• sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

According to a press statement on facebook, there are roughly 750 million members, and about 50% of those log in every day. (This number has been growing, though my crystal ball tells me this number will taper a bit over the next couple of weeks)

Now fb has joined google adsense and has plastered them all over the pages. I'm also pretty sure they're pushing the limits with the max amount of ads on a given page, but that will be between them and adsense.

Now think about it:
Even if each member clicked one ad per day (50% = a little less than 400 MILLION clicks per day).. this doesn't include the ga-Jillion and one compressions for those that pay that way.

You know that little disclaimer at the log in page over there? The one that states fb will ALWAYS be free? I think they're about to roll out some sort of gold membership that has to be purchased. Yep, you can have a free account, but if you don't want to look at the ads, you're gonna have to upgrade.

(thanks for the tip on the plug in, Zealous!)
  • IJR112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IJR112

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, now that time has passed, you can look at their IPO filing and find out the real answer!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

sherma wrote:

(thanks for the tip on the plug in, Zealous!)

Hey np, i disappeared for a while there but just got back. Anyway np at all, here to help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts