How to promote a site with social bookmarking

• aleks77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • aleks77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I read a post just today, that one of the key methods for promoting a new new site is to social bookmark the posts. However, since I am fairly new to internet marketing, I am looking for some more information about what is the best way to do that, let's say a step-by-step guide. Let's consider Facebook as an example, where I already have a personal account:

1. Should I bookmark articles with my personal account, or should I create an account under the name of my website? (not everyone I know should know that I am blogging, yet)

2. If I bookmark an article, who will find it? If I consider my personal account, I have only about 30 contacts who would read it... if I'd register a separate account for my website, I'd have zero contacts. How do I get this "out there" on Facebook, enabling other members to find it also?

4. What are your experiences with creating a group for this purpose?

Any other recommendations or comments highly wanted! :D

Thanks,
Aleks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Fajardo
  • Born
  • Born
  • Fajardo

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, if you're blogging, the best way is to have a blog for which you can choose whether you want wordpress or blogger and then post your article there. It's good to have a personal blog than promote your facebook account

Second, bookmarking has two kinds:

1. Indirect bookmarking site - for which you need to promote it by including a widget to your site or blog to gain popularity.

2. Direct bookmarking site - where users can view it. In layman's term, it's a public view.

So the best way is to find direct bookmarking site to increase the traffic to your site but also consider the indirect bookmark site.

Third, I don't prefer to create a group, i want to join a group to gain reputation before going to the level which I will create a group because of the reputation I've got.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts