Less than 3 cents per click

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a text link on CollegeHumor and got tons of traffic. In the end it worked out to about 3 cents per click.

Is there any place where I can buy non-targeted traffic cheaper than that? (Bulk 10,000 clicks per day kind of traffic)?

JM
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

which advertiser service where you using?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do you mean?

I bought a text-link...
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.systemland.com/boost/

you can get 1000 clicks for 10 bucks with is about a cent a click, not sure how that place works though.
  • davidaus
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • davidaus
  • Loc: Indo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recommend you not to buy that kind of traffic. Smoe script can fakely increase your hits without anyone visiting your site. And also, if you buy traffic, it won't really brings you your potential buyers.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Totally agree...you shouldn't be measuring traffic, but leads, sales, or signups is all you should really care about.

There are a lot of cheap ppc search engines out there...GoClick, Enhance.com and others.
  • emulsionla
  • Born
  • Born
  • emulsionla

Post 3+ Months Ago

COLLEGE HUMOR IS A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTISTS

I have registered at this site, for the sole purpose of putting this posting up!

I also did the college humor text link thing, in their "Hot Links" section...It cost 750 dollars for the 50,000 clickthroughs that I got through them...

It's a scam. First time I've ever tried to do any type of advertising like that, and I fell for it, head first.

I recommend that none of you every advertise with them. I know it was a scam, cause I have a member based website, and I know the signups I get. Through previous calculations, I was expecting 250 signups, and I think I got a total of 2 that can be attributed to them.

They are a bunch of filthy scam artists over there. I fell for it, and I warn you not to fall for it too. Stick to google, and overture. I've learned my lesson. Keep it legit. I get real traffic through google, and signups are at about 3-5% of all clickthroughs from them. Overture, I've gotten similar results. You pay for quality, and the targeted audience.

AGAIN COLLEGE HUMOR IS A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTISTS
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

For untargeted traffic you could check out TargetedVisitors.info
Just $1.95 for 1000 untargeted visitors.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never bought any traffic however, a friend who owns a web hosting company and has tried many of these firms highly recommends e-spotting. $100 dollars will get you 30,000 targeted hits over a specified period of time and it appears to work. He used it to build up a client base of about 600 and says it was worth every penny - good value for money.

Cheers, Prime
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if college humor is a scam. I used to trade links with them, but didn't receive many visitors in return so I cut it out. The visitors I did get from them though did use my site, and appeared to be quality traffic.

Sometimes a poor campaign can be just that...poor. It may not be the medium you advertise on. I was throwing money out the door (fortunately not a lot) at first until I started actually learning a little bit about how to market. I have two favorite sites that I advertise on, and I had poor results from both of them at first. Changed my title, description, and boom...great results. I believe I have used this example before here, but it really works, for me anyhow...Paying for clicks with the Text Link "MonkeyMeter.com" (the title of my site) got clicks and no action. Using the text link "Hate Tailgaters?", gets the readers attention, and action. Not just the click, but I got the interested party who is willing to take more action when they get to my site.
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
For untargeted traffic you could check out TargetedVisitors.info
Just $1.95 for 1000 untargeted visitors.

How would you bring untargeted visitors to my site if I sign up?

I am looking for a good service that can bring targeted traffic to my site. NO SCAM, NO SPAM, NO FALSE CLICKS, NO NOTHING. Just good traffic.
  • 82ndAirborne
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Fort Bragg

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can you be sure that these untargeted traffic sites are not bringing you traffic through spam? In the end if they are that can be devastating to your site.
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

All forms of advertising can have some degree of success by chance.

Effective advertising and marketing will only achieve good results from targeted traffic.

Paying for untargeted traffic is going to get you 95% of people likely to be using auto-surf programmes to try and earn some cash so will never even see your site. It is like burning money before the ink is dry.

Paying for targeted traffic will really need good marketing and reliable sources. Google adwords and other similar ventures from established companies can bring in good results - they may not, and you would have to monitor the ad-campaign closely to balance the budget.

If I was an advertiser using one of those adword campaigns I would want to have full control over which sites would be allowed to display my advert. I would check out all my keyword searches and look at the non-sponsered results. If they have a publisher programme like adsense I would choose to allow that site to display my adverts as it would be displaying my advert to people who searched for my keywords - targeted.

The bottom line for all advertisers is they promise you results - but can never guarantee value for the results. The choice of advertising you take up is because you were seduced by the advertiser into believing you would get exceptional value for money. Learn from advertisers, use their techniques and ensure your advert appeals to you in the same manner that the advertisers advert appealed to you.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

targetedvisitors.info gets thier traffic by buying up old domins and sending the traffic to people who buy it. But like what was said, Untargeted traffic is practically of zero use.

If i was selling something i would rather have 10 people interested in buying my products than 5000 people who are not at all interested in buying my products.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts