23 million impression 2000 clicks good?

• champi0n
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to analyze a paid advertising campaign (Which I personally think isn't doing so well) But of course the people selling it are saying its good.

A text link got 6,000,000 impressions with 200 clicks
A banner got 2,000,000 impressions with 500 clicks.

The total campaign this month has gotten 23,000,000 impressions with less then 2,000 clicks!

Now with 23million impressions and only 2000 clicks, thats just not working out so well in my eyes.

Shouldn't probability come into play and give us more clicks?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Champ. How are you?

Your knowledge is about right. Hmm, I used to follow Perry Marshall's readings , include now that still subscribed to his newsletters...

23,000,000 imp. with <2,000 clicks is quite " Not" working right.

About clicks, did you already analyze about the sales conversion as well ?

Been a while since i analyzed with this .. hmm if you don't already know Perry , i'd recommend him , juz go here http://www.perrymarshall.com
and you may get some free newsletters about using adwords...

Btw, i don't have any affiliates with this guy..i'm just trying if i could help..

Wish you success !
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Shouldn't probability come into play and give us more clicks?

What are the chances it will rain alegators in Alaska ? Not as high as those of running over an alegator in the Everglades.

That CTR doesn't even register in human readable format on a calculator, I think that campaign is trying to sell ice to the Eskimos.
  • amxcorey
  • amxcorey

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really don't think that everything is right in your position. 23,000,000 impressions!!! and less than 2000 clicks!!!!!!!!!!! um switch programs lol there is probably some programming error going on there champ.

you know bidvertiser did something like that and most of the clicks that i got were counted as impressions basically they just gave away free advertising. It sucked.. so i switched to adtoll.
  • egeem2
  • egeem2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wait a second. While I do agree that those are horrible click-through numbers, I am curious about where you are getting 23,000,000 hits? What kind of site is it? Are you paying for traffic from anyone? That is an butt load of visitors, and based on your CTR's, they are not highly targeted. Try getting some targeted traffic to your site and see if your CTR's go up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts