•  
    Another

Overture, AdWords or Backlinks?

• rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have enough budget and if you really have to use for your site on the most profitable Ad campaigns then how will you value?
I have 3 option but you may suggest other options too
1- Google Adwords
2- Overture
3- Buying backlinks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Google adwords gives you better ROI... I recently started overture, but system is bit complicated, still did get any return
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google vs. Overture...hmm. Well I use about 10 different ppc companies over many of my clients. It has been the old saying that Overture does well for Retail and Google for Business to Business, but that has changed. I see different ROI's for each. I would recommend testing Google first. Make sure you use there free tracking, which you can also use to track any other ppc too. Depending on your cost of sale, I would place yourself in 3rd or 4th positioning and go up or down, depending on your results.

When you finally acheive a good cost of sale, take your best keywords and create an Overture (now Yahoo Search Marketing) account and track those keywords as well.

I would also experiment with Findwhat and GoClick if you want to keep your costs down. These ppc engines are very cheap, usually you get a great cost of sale, but nowhere near the amount of visitors you will get with Google and Overture.

Backlinks is something that is to different from pay per click. Shouldn't be compared next to each other. I think the only link you should really pay for is a Yahoo Directory Listing. Backlinks is more of a way to build free search sales where as ppc is just another area of revenue.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have tried Adwords and Overture at 2003. Overture was like a crap when i tried it , more than 100click generated from overture and non of them turned to a sale but 1/5 clicks of AdWords turned to a sale but this was at 2003.
Now again trying the AdWords but i see it become too expensive. The keywords that target our business is starting from $10/click to get listed within 10 positions :(

Is overture still working with prepaid clicks? What about their current conversations when you compare with AdWords?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if the cost is to high, lower the positioning. Anyone clicking on your ads on the 2nd page of listings usually mean they haven't found what they are looking for. Some of my clients get the best conversions near the top of the 2nd page as well.

Also, I would recommend trying Findwhat, GoClick, possibly Looksmart, Kanoodle or Enhance if cost is a big factor.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

That’s so not an appropriate question because it totally depends on the site. If you have a content rich text then pay per click is pointless. You could buy links if its cheap enough but you got to stick with link exchange, offline promotion and viral marketing.

With a site that sells products then link buying may have an effect but I consider it spam and you will waist up to 6 months of cash in the Sandbox (that’s why the Sandbox is there). Pay per click is the way to go if you sell a product/service and ONLY if you can get a ROI (return on investment) and don’t be stingy prepare to burn a couple of hundred pounds just to see your ROI.

If your serious about spending cash get advise from a few of my work colleges who visit http://www.marketingmixers.com forum (they don’t sell advertising, but have a top 10 recruitment website, top Asian Magazine so can advise well)
  • PortProphecy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PortProphecy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had good success with Adwords. I like it better than Overture. I have never really gotten ALOT of traffic from backlinks.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

PortProphecy wrote:
I have never really gotten ALOT of traffic from backlinks.

...that cos for shopping sites you have to spend thousands or hundreds a months.
  • Nikolas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Nikolas
  • Loc: Greece

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think backlink is the best, because it is a residual traffic income. You get listed in one site and you will receive traffic forever.
It is also good because it will raise your ranking in search engines.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts