Overture/Yahoo New Site Match Program - Important

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it's finally here. Yahoo, Fast, Altavista, AlltheWeb and more will now be using one pfi/ppc. It is called Site Match. No more using Inktomi Product Submit (only to get into MSN) or any of the other product submits.

Not only will you have to pfi - starting at $49.00 for the first URL. But then you will also have to ppc from .15 - .45 which is ridiculus. GREED

If you are in Yahoo via a different pfi, your safe until the 15th of April, then you will have to use this new program. They also have a free submit, but do not guarantee inclusion.

So much information, I have gather alot, but very hard to explain it all.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nuclei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: On a mountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

why the hell would you pay for inclusion?

every one of our sites are listed and every one holds decent ranks without ever paying a dime.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It does not start till April 15th. Right now everyone is in there for free. This Overture/Yahoo thing has the SEO community very upset. I too have great rankings in Yahoo right now, but that is not going to be late next month. Yahoo is turning into the next Looksmart/MSN relationship.

Yes, you can still be spidered and get in there, but your not guaranteed to be and you never know when. And do you think Yahoo is going to want their PPC/PFI listings lower than the free listings, HA, where's the money in that.

There is still much information to be found as this was just announced yesterday. You can see the new program at overture.com, its called Site Match.
  • nuclei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
It does not start till April 15th. Right now everyone is in there for free. This Overture/Yahoo thing has the SEO community very upset. I too have great rankings in Yahoo right now, but that is not going to be late next month. Yahoo is turning into the next Looksmart/MSN relationship.

Yes, you can still be spidered and get in there, but your not guaranteed to be and you never know when. And do you think Yahoo is going to want their PPC/PFI listings lower than the free listings, HA, where's the money in that.

Actually we saw the site match page a few days before it was announced. As for wheres the money in that, If they go with paid only in the top serps, then they will lose money due to losing a large chunk of their searchers for non relevancy.

They are not stupid, they are not going to lose 3/4 of their relevant index to put in non relevant listings april 15th. Your, and my, listings are not going anywhere.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not know what is going to happen to the current listings that are in there right now. Maybe they will stay, maybe they will stay, but at a terrible position, or maybe they will be knocked out.

I do know though, you will not be able to get into Yahoo or MSN through the Inktomi product submit anymore, as it no longer exists. You will either have to wait and prey or pay.
  • nuclei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
I do not know what is going to happen to the current listings that are in there right now. Maybe they will stay, maybe they will stay, but at a terrible position, or maybe they will be knocked out.

I do know though, you will not be able to get into Yahoo or MSN through the Inktomi product submit anymore, as it no longer exists. You will either have to wait and prey or pay.

we have seen yahoo following links much the same as google does now. I dont think you will ever need to pay if your careful enough in your optimizations.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

nuclei wrote:
vetofunk wrote:

we have seen yahoo following links much the same as google does now. I dont think you will ever need to pay if your careful enough in your optimizations.

Yes, but Google does not have a PFI program.

But that is what I am hoping yahoo will do. But this whole thing is alot like the Looksmart/MSN relationship and all I use to see at the top (not sponsored results) were Looksmart and Inktomi listings.
  • nuclei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
nuclei wrote:
vetofunk wrote:

Yes, but Google does not have a PFI program.

But that is what I am hoping yahoo will do. But this whole thing is alot like the Looksmart/MSN relationship and all I use to see at the top (not sponsored results) were Looksmart and Inktomi listings.

I understand what you are saying veta, but i have doubts you are following what I am. If Yahoo is indeed now following links as it seems they are doing and spidering remote pages from your links. that means they are including peoples pages that you link to in the index as well, for free. the same as they will include yours by following other peoples links.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts