Pay-Per-Call Technology

• Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is anyone using Pay-Per-Call in your SEM strategies? I have been very impressed by the perceived value of Pay-Per-Call, but the industry giants have not seemed interested or quick to respond. I keep waiting for one of them to swallow up Ingenio or Findwhat, but I have not heard anything to that end.

In the markets we serve, Pay-Per-Call adoption by (for example) Google would cause an immediate end to most of our PPC campaigns because of being better served by direct contact (our markets do not buy products online). Are those of you who are in SEO/SEM getting questions on Pay-Per-Call, is it still too new, or is no one in the industry talking about it because of a fear that it might take over the world? :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vision
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

How is credit given? How do you track a call? Someone picks up the phone as a result of seeing an advert, unless they call a specific number that is somehow routed through the ad agency...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably something like this:
http://www.findwhat.com/content/advertiser/ppc2.asp
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

vision wrote:
How do you track a call? Someone picks up the phone as a result of seeing an advert, unless they call a specific number that is somehow routed through the ad agency...

I would guess that the search engine provides a unique toll-free number per ad or per advertiser. It is a great idea, especially since most toll-free numbers are free to acquire.

The great thing about pay-per-call is that you can specify local coverage so if you searched for an electrical contractor in 90210 zip code, you may not get the same advertiser as someone who searched for a contractor in 90233. It could really light a fire under local businesses to advertise in local search engines, especially since people continue to use the yellow pages less and less. (for the simple fact that you don't misplace the internet like you do the yp, and with the net, you don't have to deal with that terrible ink smell!) :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts