Pay Per Click Search Engines...

• homer simpson
  • Student
  • Student
  • homer simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone have any resources/sites that may help me better understand if PPC SE's are worth it for certain industries.

I noticed Overture has set their minimum to $.10 and I noticed alot of sites that sell cheap products have minimum bids set at something like $.30. I can't see how they can profit.

Say your average net profit is $10 per item, you'd have to have 1:100 conversion ratio...

Does anyone know the ideal conversion ratio for targeted SE traffic is for most products?

I run a novelty store and trying to generate targeted traffic.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not have an answer to your question, but you would think they would have to be generating some kind of profit if they are advertising there. (Unless they are foolish and do not realize they are losing money).

I have found that SE traffic is very targeted though, and if you choose very specific words to promote for your site I am willing to bet you convert well. Avoid general terms to bring traffic to your site. You will likely be wasting money there. The more specific of a term you can find that heavily relates to your site, the better off you will be.
  • lee
  • lee

Post 3+ Months Ago

ppc can be hard i know a few people who do it for affiliate marketing and the best converts at 1:150 and he worst only converts 1:500 , so its not aguarantee , but the pople have had different results from different ppc's , i would reccomend google as this is the daddy of SE
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

google rocks... i dont use any other SE! :-)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah same here, google is my primary search engine. I will only use other search engines as a last resort.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts