Sposored Links - Need Advice

• ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI guys,
I signed up last night for sponsored links within Google and have noticed that my site is listed to the right hand side of screen when searching.

The site caters for garage sales and even though it shows up first page, its over on the right hand side.

How can I have my site listed over on the main listing?

Quite often I overlook stuff on the right hand side under sponsored links.

Any suggestions?

Just do a keyword search for "garage sales" in Google, you should see me listed as http://www.egaragesales.com.au up top.

Cheers,
RJ
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
What you have done is nothing but ADDWORD its a pay per click program.
To be listed in the main you site has to be optimised with meta tags and then submitted to directories (Dmoz.org in particular), should be having lots of backlinks, finally should give some time.

cheers
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well mate you came to the right place. This forum is a wealth of information. What you want to learn about is SEO. Everyone has their own ideas as to what works. DON'T BUY SUBMITION SOFTWARE! Find sites on about the 5th or so page of google for the keywords you're targeting, try contacting the webmaster or most sites by now have link exchange. Right some articles about how you starting or whatever and submit those articles to ezines or publishers. It's a slow process but something that needs to be done.
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys, I must admit, I am relatively new at this whole google thing. Theres an overwhelming amount of information about what works and what doesnt on the net, I guess Ill just have to invest some time into understanding and how best to implement these features.

I really dont know where to start. I have just updated and made some ammendments to my keywords. Ill do some more reading for the moment and see what else I can come up with.

I just ran a search in google for "garage sales" and I wasnt even on the list!

RJ
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just had a look at your keywords. One suggestion, instead of repeating 'garage sales' so many times rather think up some other terms that people use when refering to the same thing. I don't know much about garage sales but I'm sure you'll have more of an Idea. Google are already using LSI in their algo which is why you'd benifit from using different terms as appossed to repeating the same ones.

With regards to the keyword density I just ran a crawler through your site to have a look see. Ideally you want a density of 3 or 4 %.

Have a look here http://www.searchengineworld.com/cgi-bin/kwda.cgi

I suggest you spend sometime researching maybe the history or how you intend to make this easier or more easily accessible to everyone. Add some some keywords like second-hand clothing, used clothing, clearance sale and so on.

SEO is alot of reading and this forum is a brilliant place to begin. I like your idea, keep at it.

Also figure out how to use negative keywords! I've searched overture for similar terms to 'garage sale' and 'garage for sale' dominates. It would pointless trying to appear for results that don't relate to what you're doing.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Did I read the wrong question here? What an earth are you all talking about?

The sites listed above the main listings are for sites with a high click through rate who pump money into adwords regardless. ...
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

He would like to have his site appear in the Natural results and thought by cretaing an adwords account he'd achieve that. We're trying to point out the basics of SEO and what one would achieve with it.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

DodgeCroft wrote:
He would like to have his site appear in the Natural results and thought by cretaing an adwords account he'd achieve that. We're trying to point out the basics of SEO and what one would achieve with it.

Hhmm didn't look like thats what he was asking to me lol ... ;)
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Read again jessica
Here it is again:
"I signed up last night for sponsored links within Google and have noticed that my site is listed to the right hand side of screen when searching.

The site caters for garage sales and even though it shows up first page, its over on the right hand side.

How can I have my site listed over on the main listing? "

Right side listing he means = addword, for that what you said is right CTR, and CPC

For main listing = SEO
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Nicky. You must realise that you've been awake for about 12 hours already. Jess is only making her coffee now - :)
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

OVER the main listings - not at the top of, OVER .... ;)

Meaning the adwords over the top of the main listings?

why would he title the question sponsored listings and talk about siging up to adwords if he's after natural seo results?
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry I must have the wrong end of the stick. I thought he meant 'over' as in 'on the other side'.
Fair enough.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

DodgeCroft wrote:
Sorry I must have the wrong end of the stick. I thought he meant 'over' as in 'on the other side'.
Fair enough.

Maybe i have it wrong - just seems odd to talk about paid listings when he's wanting natural seo... who knows lol ;)
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I apologised here first. Either way by the time he gets back here he'll know all about SEO.

So about Backlinks....

... how do you find webmasters.....lol :)
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

DodgeCroft wrote:
Hey I apologised here first. Either way by the time he gets back here he'll know all about SEO.

So about Backlinks....

... how do you find webmasters.....lol :)

You know I don't anymore. Too much effort to go out playing hunt the good guy through all the idiot webmasters out there... i simply don't. I'd much rather justr set up a related site directory on a site and say if you want a backlink, set a link up to us and fill in this form sorta thing .... saves tons of hassle.
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well ramone, now that you've signed up for adwords you should still use it to an extend. It is a brilliant reseach tool.
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Jessica & DodgeCroft,
Why shud we guys debate on this. Let ramone_johnny wake up and put his question right. Everybodyarguing in our own perception.

Wake up ramone_johnny :)
I am gonna sleep now :lol:

chou
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ha Ha - this has turned quite comical.
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate