The difference between Affiliates and Salespeople ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Internet has made it easier to become an affiliate of someone offering a product or service anywhere in the world than it is to drive up to a window and get a hamburger in the United States.

This prompts me to ask the question: How do you tell the difference between an Affiliate, and a Salesperson ?

I would describe an Affiliate as someone who offers a product or service because they believe in it & would actually use it themselves before they would use a similar product or service made or provided by a competitor.
I would describe a salesperson as someone who offers a product or service because it's an opportunity to make money.

I'm still working out how to quickly spot either one & would love any input you might have on the subject. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• brandrocker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brandrocker

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Affiliate is a well accredited business model and an affiliate may need salespersons for promotion of products.

So, if you have signed up for affiliate agreement with different merchants, you can yourself start promoting your products, or you can hire a salesperson, or better to invest some money in Advertisement towards product promotion.

I also believe task of an affiliate is not to sell but to promote products. And when you have the option to choose the products for promotion, unlike a day job, you will obviously promote products/services that you have found useful, or compelling.
  • l1l
  • Born
  • Born
  • l1l

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think they're exactly the same thing, just different names because no one likes salespeople.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Apparently we've got a lot of salespeople in the house. :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts