Too many links to free software & tools?

• chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

My Internet security website has lots of links to free anti-virus software, etc. Recently I installed StatCounter on my website and discovered that a good percentage of my visitors leave my website through one of my links for free tools/software. Traffic that leaves my website through Google Adsense and my affiliates is virtually nil. I was thinking perhaps I should reccomend more Internet security software with free trials, that I am an affiliate of. I was even thinking of totally revising my web site and start reccomending Internet security software that I use and doesn't necessarily have a free trial. I of course would be an affiliate of this software. Since I own this software, I could write a honest review of the product with an affiliate link? Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chris H.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unless you just have a bunch of software box pictures and links to download pages with no meat-n-potatos text content, there's no need to abandon the content you have.

Take out all of the links people are clicking. If you can replace a link with an affiliate link that leads to a similar page, do that.

Basically, do everything you read people bitching and moaning about on the Internet. Just ignore them, they don't care about you or anyone else. A lot of them are other marketers spreading disinformation to keep you out of the competition.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks so much for the info. Your advice makes sense to me. That sounds like a good idea to remove the links that people are clicking. The majority of my traffic is going to no more than a dozen links, all of which I don't make a penny for. I think my content is quite good, so I will leave the content - perhaps make a few revisions to the content that I have.

Chris H.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts