What is it all about?

• sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: sydney australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Howdy!

Im thinking about starting my own website, for whatever stuff, got some ideas, but nothing for certain yet.

I just wanna know, how does this paid advertising thing work? Ive been reading through all the topics in this thread, and i see google likes to ban people for no reason =P

But anyway. My actual questions are, Does it cost u anything to apply with AdSense (or whatever its called) or yahoo.. im not actually sure what they are called.. affiliates? lol i don't know...

And also, if u get enough traffic to get u money, does it go through the taxation department? Would ur welfare payments get cut? Do u need an ABN?
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of questions there. First I will get a website. Getting traffic to
your site is the key to success. Depending of the content of the website.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google doesn't usually ban people for no reason. The ones that get banned are usually beginners who clicked on their own ads or had other click on ads for them...just upset they got caught. I have been using Adsense for about 3 years now without any problems. Gives me an extra 2-3k per month, which I am happy with.

Google Adsense costs nothing to apply. Just make sure your web site is completely built with nothing under construction. Otherwise they might not approve you. Yahoo has the Yahoo Publisher Network. Doesn't pay me as much, but you can test both out. You just can't use them on the same site at the same time.

Affiliate marketing is different. Google and Yahoo give you a percentage of the click cost. Affiliate marketing is where you get a percentage of the sale. I do a lot of affiliate marketing as well, there is good money there.

Yep...gotta pay those damn taxes. If you have more than $600.00 per year from any one of the companies above, you will get a w2 or w90 (whatever) from them. Wish there was a way to get around it, but nope.

Hope this helps!
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: sydney australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

*clap clap*

Thank You! lol.. but whats a w2 and w90? =S but im assuming it means, if u make over $600 a year, u gotta pay tax? lol.

Well, i guess i have to wait till i get off welfare to start this thing. And i gotta think of a site that people will like =P

Anyway, thanks again!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts