What is a Good CTR on Banners?

• whidave
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whidave

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i have a banner on a site and its doing 0.10% CTR is that good?

Whats Avg?
Whats Bad?

Tell me what you think what you have seen in your experience.

Like how god of a CTR is the top banner on this site would be a good example i guess.

Let me know,
Dave
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• whidave
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whidave

Post 3+ Months Ago

?? anyone?
  • Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Corpus Christi, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

what does that mean... :| lol
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. AdSense reports hundreds of pageviews, but very few click throughs. My all-time average is 0.2%.
  • whidave
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whidave

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have some on my site WHI that are now geting 0.21 CTR 'im rasing the Weight to 200% so that i can see Fully what type of a CTR i can get with them.

Avg over all though is 0.04 to 0.10 so far.

Come on Peeps Put in some input here on whats good...

Dave
  • whidave
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whidave

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh i forgot you "Frostbyt3"

CTR = Click Through Ratio

I.E. Compare Number of Views to how many clicks you get out of them number of Views. (Number of Clicks Devided by the Number of Views = CTR in %)

Dave
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not think it can be that good. Banners, in my opinion are the worst way to advertise on the net. I would guess that the CTR would be very very low.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to show banners on my site from one of those advertising companies, commission junction I think it was, that lets you choose which banners to show from among their advertisers.

Even when I made my best effort to pick banners that matched the content of my site, the CTR was about what you have mentioned - pretty dismal in other words. I don't remember the exact CTR, but I just gave up on it after six months or so.
  • whidave
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whidave

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know its neaver a Huge % just wanted to see what other people got so i know whats normail.

Dave
  • bobbilynn
  • Born
  • Born
  • bobbilynn
  • Loc: Tallahassee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, My click-through-ratio at commission junction is 4.12%. With Google adsense, it's 2.1%. Google's click through ratios are lower because it's program forces me to place their ads in positions that I would not normally choose.

I made over $2000 last month from affiliate ads. This is about the norm, after many years of web publishing, the numbers are continually growing.

Your CTR, for affiliate ads, should be at least 1%. 1% is actually a good, or average, number. Anything lower than 1% would be consider below average. .2% or .1% is very, very low. 1/5-1/10th of what it should be.

Try different ad places, work at it, or give up on it all together. Running online ads is something that many people have been studying very closely, for many years. It's not something that you just jump into, by placing a few ads on your website. Unless... your site is getting at least 1/4-1/2 million unique visitors per month. The more visitors you have, the less you need to make per person.

One of my sites:
http://www.CraftSiteDirectory.com
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suppose it is also important to know your target audience as well. If your site is designed for 15-25yo then your percentage would be a lot lower. At least that is an assumption of mine knowing my and my freinds online habits.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just play around with placing your ads in differetn locations in yr site.

remember- you are trying to max your earnings!
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anything over 0.3% but I get over 1% most days.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get a .7% with google adsense and make about $2k a month.

We get about a .2% CTR with our main sponsor and make about 3k a month off them (though they are a commission based sponsor, not PPC)

My point here is that there will always be "averages" for any kind of statistic. That doesn't matter ONE BIT. What matters is if you are happy with the performance of your site in terms of revenue generated.

For instance:
We use Serverbeach as our host. We have the "Dual 2600 PRO" package, which costs us $269 a month.
We get about 50k page impressions a day, and our sites generate about $5.5k a month. My partner and I started our sites as a HOBBY, as most of you probably did.

This is the MOST PROFFITABLE HOBBY I HAVE EVER HAD.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your making 5k a month from adverts ScienceOfSpock! Congratulations.

I am still around the 120 mark a month (split 5 ways + hosting costs :( but we run the site for fun too and that’s the most important part :) )
  • phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

the highest CTR ive heard of is about 4%
  • GDGNY
  • Born
  • Born
  • GDGNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The CTR on some of our sites is ~ .8% - 1.2%. Pretty average for our type of site, I can't complain.

One of our newer sites:

http://www.propagandaposters.us

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts