When's the last time you payed attention ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

When's the last time you just watched someone using a web browser to find somthing ?
Someone who has no personal interests in marketing, doesn't run a website, basicly just "uses" the browser.

Not through a remote desktop, not in a video, but in person, sitting next to them, standing behind them, walking past them & glancing over.

I've been getting to know my next door neighbor this week, he's your average hard core gamer, we've been up untill 1:30AM or so for a total of somewhere near 10 hours a day for the last few days playing games, he uses Internet Explorer, his homepage is MSN or Microsoft-somthing with news, he's got a good 300px in height of his browser filled up with toolbars though his monitor is more than large enough for this & he doesn't even browse with the window maximised.

I also noticed that when he was looking for somthing, he'd just type it into a toolbar & go right for the sponsored results.

I found that really interesting, when I caught on to him doing it all the time I couldn't help but think "I'll be damned, people actually do pay attention to those things"

I didn't say a word to him about it, I'm going to see if he still does it through the weekend even after seeing me zip around without touching the sponsored results.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never touch sponsored results. Sometimes they help me with what I need but most of the time they are site like eBay and other things that I don't really need at that time. Maybe I put my search query in the not-so-best-put way?
  • wallarookiller
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a great point I've done the same thing. My friends are average people sometimes when there over they use my computer and I obviously wach everything they do and stay silent. some use the address bar to search? and all of them click on google ads not even realizing what they are. just search results to them. they click on results that i never would just because you can tell there bull just from the description or link. they use search engines that i wasnt sure people used lik ask or msn this one guy was an msn fanatic he loved it. I found these results extreamly interesting and still watch and don't say a word its free real resurch.
  • cometmall
  • Student
  • Student
  • cometmall

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do check sponsored results together with regular results, if people invest money in advertising sometimes the product worth it
  • ParadiseSanto
  • Born
  • Born
  • ParadiseSanto
  • Loc: Delray Beach, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Something people don't realize is that the average person (including myself) does not want to do the hours of research to find the best deal on a product, or the research to find the information they desire. Its 2007 and almost everything is automated and controlled in daily life, it is not odd that people want instant results, and instant savings.

When you go to CVS they don't try and sell you their rewards card anymore, instead they just scan it in with everything you buy in hopes you will return because they give you the savings, and it works, because when your living on $500.00 a week and have a family to support, saving every cent you can makes a difference.

Real time, instant results is what the average user seeks on the internet, and thats where a good internet marketer stands out, by giving their client the opportunity to put their product in the first results the buyer see's, because today time is money.

Why is Google such a success? It delivers the best results in the shortest time, but further than that Google incorporates new features all the time, and if I want a TV and can search for the newest technology, the best deal, and get reviews and comparisons all in a one stop shop, they just earned my money.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts