Tutorial Suggestions

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tutorial Writers: Wish you could think of something to write a tutorial about ?
Be sure to subscribe to this topic via that "Subscribe Topic" link there on the side.

Tutorial Readers: Wish someone would write a tutorial on a certain subject ?
Make your suggestion here.

Before making a suggestion try to make sure nobody has made a similar suggestion before.
If you find a similar suggestion, use the Quote button in that post to reply to this thread & add "I want this too" in your reply. This will make it easier to spot popular suggestions as the list gets larger.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• alex89
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

A beginnners guide to perl? :)

Also, cookies and perl?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just wrote a good script for my work that downloads a webpage then parses the html for specific data. I'll write up a thing for it and post it here. Its not really a tutorial per-say, but a good example of how to do something.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
I just wrote a good script for my work that downloads a webpage then parses the html for specific data. I'll write up a thing for it and post it here. Its not really a tutorial per-say, but a good example of how to do something.

Did you use mechanize or did you take a different approach?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just used get() with LWP::Simple to read the page, the HTML::TokeParser to narrow down the test, and then a regular expression or two to finish it off, then outputted the data to a file formatted as a CSV.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I put this in my "introduction" but it would probably be better here:

I got the "tutorials wanted" message and one thing I'd be interested in developing at ozzu is a "Using Ajax with Mason" tutorial, since there is practically nothing about that on the web right now. This would just be some basic concepts from Ajax and Mason demonstrated together using simple examples, for beginners like myself: all the little mysteries I've solved this week are probably things many people starting down this path will encounter, so it seems worthwhile and might save them some time that could've been saved me if someone else had done this tutorial first :roll:

SO, if there is anyone out there with more experience in that area who would like to collaborate on such a thing, GREAT! -- or, at least, provide me with occasional guidance and proof reading, that'd be great too.

I'll probably make a go of it sometime in the next 30 days.

-MK
  • alex89
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like a simple guide to mysql and ajax.

I know this exists, but the ones I've found don't explain everything sufficiently for me - I like to understand every line of code I write.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Tutorial Writers