Baltimore Skyline

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I met up recently with some friends from flickr that are from the area. It was a good time, 10+ hrs of nothing but photography. :) Here's one of my favs from the day. Comments welcome.

Baltimore Skyline - Pseudo-Pano
click for larger version

Exposure: 3.6 sec (18/5)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stunning. It's just made me want to go see Baltimore even more.

I've always wanted to do some sort of meet with people on Flickr. It is nice to exchange some tips with other people. So i can imagine how good a day it was.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's an amazing shot Unflux, like always. How do you make a photo like that? I mean, a photo of that size? I've always wanted to learn how to do that
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
That's an amazing shot Unflux, like always. How do you make a photo like that? I mean, a photo of that size? I've always wanted to learn how to do that

A photo that size in that quality is done with the camera he has. The more megapixels a camera has the more bigger the image is. I'm guessing he's also used a wide angle lens too for the shot to give it it's full length.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very cool, the lights have a fascinating range of colours, and the photo could keep me busy for quite some time (just looking at everything)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:

In this case, my camera only helps me with file size for printing. This type of shot can be done with just about any camera. You'll need a tripod, a good lens, and some patience. ;) I used my remote on the tripod so I wouldn't have to touch the camera to take the shot.

For post processing, I simply gave the curves a shot of dark, not too much, and then cropped it into a 2.35x1 ratio. I don't have a real pano, and didn't take multiple shots to stitch them together, so that's why I dubbed it a "pseudo-pano."

Thanks for the comments all! :mrgreen:
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
labrego wrote:

A photo that size in that quality is done with the camera he has. The more megapixels a camera has the more bigger the image is. I'm guessing he's also used a wide angle lens too for the shot to give it it's full length.

The full length is irrelevant - the size of the sensor still captures a rectangle.
There are two ways to do this:
1) cropping
2) panorama
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

i choose option #2 ;)
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member