band photographs

• boxerboy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • boxerboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys i have this site where i post the lastes photographs of the band pictures i take when i go for gigs...now i was wondering which cms should i use to display them...and which will help my option the best -coppermine or gallery2 or some other
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally don't know too much about cms galleries. Hopefully this should give you some more information on what your looking for. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... nt_systems
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use Drupal with it's image gallery installed. You can use photo / web image gallery programs like Coppermine but I would recommend programs like Drupal and Word press.

Drupal and Word press are great because they have so many modules that they will offer more flexibility than a program that only focuses on images.

Another upside is, many sites like mine that started out focusing on one type of content tend to expand with time ,for example: My site now has blogs and articles and because the article, blog and image gallery and modules for one CMS (Drupal) everything works seamlessly as oppossed to using Coppermine in one folder for image gallery and another folder with VB bulletin for a forum. Plus, Drupal has an ecommerce module if you are interested in selling your photos in the future.

If you only want to deal with photos you can also try http://gallery.menalto.com/ this is basically an all in one photo gallery, it has its own shopping cart, allows you to upload an entire folder from your desktop into the gallery. It also intergrates with Drupal.

Drupal can also upload entire folders, watermark and create thumbnails.

hope this info helps.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts