Buying A Camera on Layaway

• redhead110995
  • redhead110995

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know where I can buy a camera on layaway? I want to buy my daughter a new camera for her 21st birthday. Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

There someone on Ebay that provides this service, however i wouldn't swear by them. It certainly doesn't hurt to have a look at their page though and email them etc etc.

As far as I'm aware though the layaway service is more or less finished and we can blame the introduction of credit cards for this.

I'm sorry i'm not of much help. I will keep looking around for you and reply if i've found something of interest. As a matter of interest, what sort of camera are you looking at?
  • redhead110995
  • redhead110995

Post 3+ Months Ago

No you helped. Well she was looking at the Nikon D80. And credit is not an option. So I need to look for another route. Thanks for the info
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

And if you don't mind me asking, if you did have any cash to pay for this camera what would you spend? i want to see if there is something i can find that would be very very similar (if not the same) with the price range you can place down.
  • redhead110995
  • redhead110995

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not really sure. We saw it at a local store for $1200.00 but I have seen it advertised now for less. I guess maybe $800.00 but it all depends. I also know she was looking at the D40 and those are a lot less. I just wanted to give her something special.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, being that it's her 21st. I'm 22 and could never understand the whole hype of the 21 thing. It bugs me so much that people feel obliged to go out of their way to get things.

I will have a look around and will let you know when i see something again. Watch this space...
  • redhead110995
  • redhead110995

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont feel obliged. Its that she is an awesome photographer, at least I think so, and I just wanted to get her a better camera. Her Canon is having some issues. It was a hand me down. And if I cant get it now then I wont. Just looking for ideas. Thanks for the help.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

What country are you in?
  • redhead110995
  • redhead110995

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the USA
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Damn.

I suggest you look on ebay. There are many stores that have very cheap prices, especially in the USA.
  • redhead110995
  • redhead110995

Post 3+ Months Ago

I ahve done that. I have contacted some of the sellers and I am awaiting their replies. If no layaway the I will just save and give it to her at a later date. By yhen the prices will surely drop by then. Thanks everyone for your assistance.
  • mike61
  • Born
  • Born
  • mike61

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can check Wallmart or Kmart
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would hope that after two years they would have already found one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts