Cheap Camera

• seekermeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just bought a Norcent DCC-725 point and shoot, primarily because it was the cheapest camera that I had found, and at the time I had no plans for it except for inventory purposes. However, since that time my interest has grown a bit. I'm not too unhappy with it except that I found that it wasn't possible to focus it on the CRT screen well enough to be able to read any text. I know that I have seen other's photos such as that which were quite clear...is it simply because it is a cheap camera, or is there something that I'm overlooking?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You only get what you pay for, so by buying a cheap camera you'll only have the bogstandard photos.

I just purposely bought a cheap point and shoot yesterday so i can carry it around wherever i am and not be too overly concered by having it stolen etc etc. I know though that the camera is as basic as it can ever be and the photo quality is very poor.

What kind of camera have you got?
  • seekermeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gave the name of it in the OP, but it doesn't seem to compare badly in terms of specifications to other P & S cameras that cost several times the amount that I paid ($60). I don't believe that it is available there any longer, but I bought it at TigerDirect. By Googling, it appears normally to retail at about $100.

This brings up the question of just what specification to look at, if I decided to buy another camera, to be able to know that it would focus properly on a CRT screen?

EDIT: I found a link with more complete details:

http://www.equipmenthall.com/consumer-e ... 65568.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts