Coloring a bad scan in photo shop elements

• abigillygal
  • Born
  • Born
  • abigillygal

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a horrible scanner, but I lack the funds to purchase a new one. I have a tablet, but whenever I try to outline a scanned in picture, the lines come out all shakey. I can't edit out the background noise without ruining the lines of my picture. I really need help, because I can't think of any way to color my pictures in. :(
  • ThomasB
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ThomasB

Post 3+ Months Ago

try using the mouse, or get a better tablet, sorry I dont use tablets so I cant help, but from what I hear you have to spend abit to get a good one.
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try using the magnetic lasso tool. Also maybe try increase the dpi setting on your scanner. By increasing it, it'll give you more pixels to work with to better improve the image.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just use your mouse and the "Polygonal Lasso" tool and zoom in to the image so that each point-to-point section is smooth and barely noticeable, especially when you use the antialias option.

It's a time-consuming process, but the results are worth it.

Good luck.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

The shakyness is not the tablet, it's you. It happens to all of us no matter how good the tablet. The way to work around the shakyness is to zoom in, I usually zoom to 400% and then try to be as steady as you can. When you zoom out the shakyness will be undetectable to the naked eye. The more you zoom in the more accurate it will be.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts