Could you help suggest a camera

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey everyone,

I have a film SLR which I love to bits, I really want to move onto a digital SLR. The problem is cost, What kind of camera could I get for around £200 ($400), which I could then later purchase extra lenses for?

I am definately looking for a beginner camera, something which will take good family shots, give me some manual settings etc. the megapixel of the camera is not essential, at most the images will be printed on A4 or regular 6x4's.

Could anyone suggest things for me?

Keeping the price as low is essential, I love taking shots with my minolta X700, the problem is getting prints done is such an effort! lol.

Anyway, any help is appreciated

Thanks
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you already have lenses for the minolta cameras you should look at the Sony line of DSLRs as the lenses should be compatible. I don't know the sony line all that well, but I do know that they have a lower starting price than the Canon or Nikon lines.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

The sony a200k looks like an interesting buy!. PLus it will work with my existing Minolta lenses :D. I dont have any amazing lenses, need to invest in some macro lenses lol

Anyone have any other suggestions?

the Sony a200k retails at around 269.99
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What kind of SLR film camera do you have?

I have a Canon EOS 300 Film Camera, the lens i got with that fitted onto my Canon EOS 350d which i bought at a later date. I'm certain that if i tried it i could also get that to fit onto my Canon EOS 40D camera. Canons are good for the lenses.

I'd look at trying to get a EOS 350D as they'd be in the price bracket your looking at. Always keep your eye on deals on Ebay as you can get some really good bargains there. I bought my 350D (just the body) for 300 pounds nearly two years ago now on eBay. You are now getting the 450D in shops now for around just under 500. The 450d is the updated version of the 400D which is the updated version of the 350D. So, i think you'd do good for one of them.

The 350D is the first DSLR camera i bought and it's pretty good. I'd undecided as to whether or not i'm selling it or not though, so i can't offer it to you for a set price.
  • moonmoon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • moonmoon

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
What kind of SLR film camera do you have?

I have a Canon EOS 300 Film Camera, the lens i got with that fitted onto my Canon EOS 350d which i bought at a later date. I'm certain that if i tried it i could also get that to fit onto my Canon EOS 40D camera. Canons are good for the lenses.

I'd look at trying to get a EOS 350D as they'd be in the price bracket your looking at. Always keep your eye on deals on Ebay as you can get some really good bargains there. I bought my 350D (just the body) for 300 pounds nearly two years ago now on eBay. You are now getting the 450D in shops now for around just under 500. The 450d is the updated version of the 400D which is the updated version of the 350D. So, i think you'd do good for one of them.

The 350D is the first DSLR camera i bought and it's pretty good. I'd undecided as to whether or not i'm selling it or not though, so i can't offer it to you for a set price.

good recommend.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts