DSLR for a new comer

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, so I really like to take pictures. Currently Im using a OLYMPUS Point and Shoot Stylus 300 Digital. I like it because its an all weather camera (I hike ALOT) But Im looking to get into more advanced photography. I was looking at a few cameras in the $600-650 (About as cheap as they come it seems) The cameras I was looking at come with lence, Which is what I think I would want because they seem to be the best deal. I know that there are those DSLR-Look a like cameras, would one of those be better?

But over all what company / model of camera would you suggest to someone that is new to the DSLR style of photography?

The camera I was looking at was this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6830111169

The only real reason was because it came with the two lence. I do have some real SLR cameras with some lences that might be just fine.

This is what I have:

Konica Hexar AR 28mm F3.5 (.3m-8m)
Auto Tele-Lentar 1 : 3.5 F= 200mm No. 7100406 (3m-200m)

Hope that means something to you, because I dont really know what it means.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I purchased a Canon EOS 350d last November and i can't ever fault it. Having spoken to numerous photographers i have found that Canons are a particularly good make for people who are just starting out with DSLR cameras. I actually own two SLR Canons, the EOS 350d and the EOS 300 (my film camera).

Both of these cameras have been really good in the time i have owned them. The flexibility and ease of use has been perfect for me during the course of the last year or so.

I also hear Nikons are a good make, although i personally don't know much about them. Certainly look at the Canon EOS range though, the 400d is the newer model to the 350d but has not got many new features. It just tidies up some of the features that you get on the 350d.

I had a quick search on the internet and was unable to find the 400d for less than $750, however the 350d is going for sale (with quite a good kit might i add) for $591. Check this item out.

Alternatively, keep your eyes on eBay items. I found my Canon EOS 350d on Ebay and managed to buy it for a good price, however this didn't include the 1GB Sandisk CF card (RRP around $20) which i had to buy separately. Be sure to note all that is involved in these auctions as some don't even include the batterys.

I hope this info helped.
  • garcia60
  • Born
  • Born
  • garcia60

Post 3+ Months Ago

My suggestion is you go visit this site (http://www.smartratings.com/photography/digital_cameras) and check on the reviews on each product that will caught your interest. Maybe, it will help you have an idea of what camera you really want. Hope this helps.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, thanks for your help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts