Happy New Owner of a Canon EOS Rebel T3 :)

• sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thankfully when set on auto, this camera does ALL of the work for you.. seriously, just wait for the green box shaped frame to turn green and it takes AMAZING pictures!

I know I can do better by learning more how to use the manual features (which will of course require new gadgets to attach :)

Does anyone else have one of these? Any tips?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a T3 but I do have a 40D. As far as tips it depends what you bought the camera for.

I do a lot of landscape so getting a tripod was one of the first things I did. It helped a lot especially for night shots.

I found moving to the manual side of the camera was pretty easy. I haven't done full manual much but I do focus on shutter/aperture priority (Mainly aperture).

I'd say just go out and take pictures!
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks SpooF ... I wanted to take up photography on more of a hobby level, but at the same time, the graphics designer in me too. I have seen a lot of pics that I could take sections of and turn into something cool, with PS but sometimes it's difficult to track down the person and ask permission (and I'm all for giving credit where it's due).

Last night when I had the camera hooked up to the usb to upload images, I clicked something by accident on the EOS Utility that was open and all of a sudden heard it come to life with a "whrrrrrl"ing sound, glanced over and the lens was spinning, moving forward and back, and then the flash went off. I looked back at my pc monitor and saw it had taken a pic of a snow globe sitting in the room! haha.. "remote shooting"... awesome!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts