I'm having a DUH moment with regards to printing

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm currently trying to print off 15 Digital photographs but i've to resize them so they print off in A4. Now, i was hoping to have a nice white border around each and every one of the photos.

I actually haven't this in a while now so my mind is completely blank on what the best way forward is. It had something to do with cropping the images so they are the size of the A4 sheet, but i don't think i do that until i want to create the border around the image.

Could someone provide a step by step tutorial on the best way forward here? I'd hate to rush anyone, but the sooner the reply the better. Deadlines are a bitch.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would crop to the size of the A4, then either select all -> strike the inside your border (4px, 20px whatever you like), or you could crop, then set your background color to white then increase your canvas size accordingly.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any other more accurate replies would be useful.

I've had a look at what you say Neksus but i'm just going round in circles. I'll have pulled my hair out by the end of the night if things keep going this way :lol:

Thanks anyway.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strike should be stroke but other than that I'm not sure where I lost you?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, my head is all over the place everywhere. I probably just didn't read the post right.

Sorry, i didn't mean to sound like your advice was irrelevant. Far from it, i just have a low concentration level for anything other than the work required here. With the way things are i don't think i'll have any sleep tonight before the interview in the morn unfortunately.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably too late, but I figure I'd post to see if I can help... By A4, I assume you mean an 8.5" by 11" paper. If you want a half inch border on all sides you should resize the image to 7.5 x 10, and have your printer center the image on the page (should do this by default).

If that's not what you were looking for then I didn't quite understand your question.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, that's exactly it.

I managed to sort something out that was okay. The prints turned out pretty poorly on the printer and the interview felt like it was a disaster. I'll find out how it really went on a fortnight.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts