help- live bug in camera!

• rachael maclennan
  • Born
  • Born
  • rachael maclennan
  • Loc: Cosmetician

Post 3+ Months Ago

can someone tell me please- it appears I have a very small insect on a mirror in my 35mm camera- can i wipe mirrors?- its not in the lens or on the filters :? Im not sure how to go about getting rid of said bug :cry: waah
are the mirrors a no go zone?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can wipe the mirrors, but you must be careful.

Try using compressed air to blow the insect out and when you have done this use soak the mirror in alcohol and then once you've done that Blot the mirror...don't wipe.

If you feel confident in doing that then that is probably the best solution. Having said that, if you damage the mirror during the process then the chances are you will have a more costly repair job than you originally wanted. If you feel uncomfortable cleaning the mirror manually then i suggest you take it past a camera store and let them have a look.

Personally speaking, i'd rather just let a pro fix it as damaging the cameras would make things very awkward for me.

As a matter of interest, what kind of Camera are you using?
  • rachael maclennan
  • Born
  • Born
  • rachael maclennan
  • Loc: Cosmetician

Post 3+ Months Ago

a Canon EOS 620 SLR- have been using digital- but decided to go "backwards" to go forwards- if you know what I mean! ie/ f stops depth of field etc- master an slr first- rather than trying to run before I crawl. Thanks for your reply- I live in a town where it takes a lens 1 month turn around time for a clean!- hate to think how long I would be without cam. hes small bug- the size of a pin head- I will ask him very nicely and maybe he will vacate with lens off? thankz, Rachael NZ
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's unfortunate. I hope the bug leaves, there is nothing worse than taking photographs and finding there is a little dot where an insect is. Just means alot of photoshopping afterwards just to get rid of the silly thing.

I hope you get rid of it somehow. Like i say though, try compressed air. The pressure from that might knock the insect off.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can rachael take any photos of the insect before getting rid of it without hurting anything ?

I think that could make for some nifty photos. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts