• Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

19 views? Image
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know, i guess everyone here is speechless.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am... :-P

Love the clouds, and those lights on the street on the left side... looks so peaceful.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm kind of conficted about this one, sir. I think the long exposure/tight aperture was good. The composition is dead on. The position of the clouds and light are perfect. But, the subject matter is just...an interstate.

Maybe I'm just used to you coming up with interesting ways of looking at otherwise mundane things.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

is it expensive to get a camera that can get the same amount of quality as UNFLUX shot?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
is it expensive to get a camera that can get the same amount of quality as UNFLUX shot?

The camera used for this shot was a Nikon D70, i've seen several of those going for around the $650US mark. If i recall correctly, the D70 is a 6.5megapixel camera. There are cameras that have the 8 megapixel quality on sale for similar prices.

You've got to remember though, that while the camera used here is good it is also the use of the camera that goes along way to providing good photographs. Anyone can take a photo, it takes alot of knowledge to take a good photo using the SLR cameras properly.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

dear god, that is pro shot. did that pic go to photoshop? or is it juz pure shot?.

Thanks for your info. SB. Appreciate it, even tho i don't know what a SLR is, i guess i'll find out after geting one new camera,

thank you,
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

SLR stands for "Single Lens Reflex". Basically, it is a camera which allows you to change lens.

Each lens has a purpose, for example if you have a macro lens then you are looking at taking extremely close up photographs of something etc etc.

Most of the time when you see someone on holiday with a camera it tends to be a point and shoot camera. These are the little rectangle boring looking cameras. An SLR camera is more commonly viewed as a "professional" camera.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I'm kind of conficted about this one, sir. I think the long exposure/tight aperture was good. The composition is dead on. The position of the clouds and light are perfect. But, the subject matter is just...an interstate.

Maybe I'm just used to you coming up with interesting ways of looking at otherwise mundane things.

i hear what you're saying, appreciate the honesty. It's not that I expect everyone to love anything I post, was just surprised and a little disappointed that I got no feedback at all! I'm sure you understand. ;)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
dear god, that is pro shot. did that pic go to photoshop? or is it juz pure shot?.

Thanks for your info. SB. Appreciate it, even tho i don't know what a SLR is, i guess i'll find out after geting one new camera,

thank you,

thanks for the compliments George. I usually do not process my photos other than adjust levels or contrast, or in this case, conversion to b&w. My photos are as they were when shot, with little to no processing. I'm a purist by some measure, and don't really enjoy doctoring my photos. I'm glad you like it.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nikon D70 , you can get that kind of shot , . Unbelievable. it really inspires me to get one .

i admire your pure shot ! what is b&w , btw ?

ah , juz figured it out. it's black&white !
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

black and white
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

<<< This is by my 2.0 Megapixel O2 windows mobile,

obviiously, no tweaking, or added cover up. Pure
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should probably get a newer camera George. ;)
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, Just wow!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts