medical pics

• docsss
  • Born
  • Born
  • docsss

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am a doctor and i take pics of my patients on daily basses , i tried to find articles about medical photogrophy but didnt realy find much, if anyone could help me in correctly position the patients for taking pics of difirent body parts and should all body parts be taken with the same camera setting and lighting

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tsid
  • Tsid

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm.. what do you need these photos for? I think, the technique would depend on that. i.e. if you take them for Stock, you have to focus on the target audience and possible usage, if for a medical manual, - on the subject, etc.

The camera setting, lights and object positioning may depend much on that.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're using them for medical purposes such as documentation, I don't think lighting or lenses is going to play a huge part. The most lighting you can get will be optical (but you don't need to worry about strobes and hot lights and what not).

Once again, camera settings left on auto would churn out reasonable pictures - if your intent is different, however, then so is the answer.
  • om27
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • om27

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess, you being a doctor, firstly get the consent of your patient for doing whatever you wish to. Then after he/she agrees, get a professional help from some1. I guess you should stick to your profession rather than getting in such minute details about photography. I also think that there is no need for lenses and specific lights as i guess you are not going to use them for aesthetic purpose, right???
  • jjjjski
  • Born
  • Born
  • jjjjski

Post 3+ Months Ago

What type of doctor are you? Plastics, ENT, Derm? This will determine your protocols. If taking images of the face you need to follow the Frankfort Line for correct allignment. If follow up photos are needed you need to make sure they are taken at the same magnification and position(protocol). I assume you take these in the exam room. If so, use sheets, blankets and such to eliminate background clutter. Remove all jewelry and clothing where appropiate. All images should be taken with with orientation in mind.
There is alot to patient photography to do it correctly not to mention file management and HIPPA guidelines. If you have the means, hire a medical photogrpaher so you can concentrate on your patients and see more patients, thus generating revenue.
There are a few book swritten on the subject. Try ebay for these.
Hope this helps.
  • Becci Mickey
  • Born
  • Born
  • Becci Mickey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Medical portion of the claim can be very difficult. Dates for tests, doctor’s names phone numbers and addresses are needed as well as any place where you have had treatment for the conditions
  • jeckmartin
  • jeckmartin

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey Can you tell me why you need to phonograph your patient. I know there is some areas where you need to have photograph but not in all the areas. And that also you need to have specialized cameras for different areas so let me know which area are you in.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I broke my knee when I was 15/16 somewhere around there.Anyway because of how it was done and the damage that was done it earned me and my doctor a place in a medical journal. After they got me and my dads permission and proper consent form s and such a doctor with a 35mm camera came in and took pictures from various angles, and they used the hospital lights. I never thought to ask, but now I wonder if hospitals hire doctors/photographers strictly to take medical photos, or do they just grab any available doctor to get the shots needed. If they do hire doctor/photographers I am certain they don't hire specific doctors/photographers for specific areas of the body and this would mean that DOCSSS may be required to take photos of all parts of the body. With that being said, shouldn't DOCSSS know all he needs to know about medical photography?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts