Meet Mickey

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Meet Mickey

click for larger version

We got a new puppy back in August. He's a Black Lab named Mickey. He's going to make an awesome companion for our family...he already is.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love labs. Think you'll have plenty of photo ops through the years with that one. I'm curious. Quite a few of your photos I've seen trend towards b&w. Is that a preference or just something you've been playing with? The reason I ask is the contrast and lighting always seems to "work" in your black and whites. I always had a problem with that.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I think it matters what the shot is, lighting, subject, etc. Lighting is the most important though. You might be reading too much into it with my stuff, cuz I really don't do a lot with b&w. It has to, as you said, really work for me to go with that instead of colour.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

ohhhhh Mickey! <insert many love icons here>

What a sweetie! :D

Retrievers are a great breed :thumbsup:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Rose!

Here, try these on for size: Image Image
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a dog guy but my family is, how many walls has it run into yet.... why a black lab? Just curious, plese don't take offense.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

jflynn - Labs are kind, gentle, very affectionate, and aim to please. They are generally happy and energetic, and very friendly. Labs are a lot of fun, and are very playful. They're great with kids, which was a major concern for us, but protective enough that we can rest assured he will be in the way of an enemy if needbe.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL hun..

Labs are fantastic with anyone, except those who try to hurt they're "pack", when I was very young (I was 2 I think) we had a golden lab crossed with a red heeler (This Dog - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Cattle_Dog) and we lived on 10 acres of property and my parents were sitting on the Patio while I was walking down the paddock and the dog was right behind me, then all of a sudden the dog started to pull me from behind, by the diaper (cos it was the middle of summer thats all I had on) my parents panicked and ran down the paddock, and got the dog off me, they were dumbfounded, they thought she was attacking me, then they saw a MASSIVE Red Bellied Black Snake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_Black_Snake) sunning itself about 3 meters on front of me. If it was not for that dog, I would be dead today. I owe my life to a dog!

I have a staffordshire bull terrier, which I bought off a friend. Who treated her like s**t! He used to beat her into being a guard dog, and I kept telling him she doesn't have the nature to guard she is just too friendly. When I bought her he warned me, not to let my kids near her cos she will bite them because she doesn't like kids. Well I have had her for 9 months or so now, and she has not even thought about biting my kids. She is the most gentled natured dog I have ever had, but she is a good guard dog and will only bark when someone is actually around. When my 2yo goes outside she follows him around and sits beside him when he stops. So much for a child biter eh?

Sorry for the long post lol.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

your new pictures are still not showing up for me, weird. they wouldnt the other day when atno and i were trying to figure out why your original pic wouldnt shop up either.

but now that one shows up and the new one doesnt :shock:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

They're all hosted from flickr, so I'm not sure why that would be. :(
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cute pup, nice picture I really like the contrast between the dog and the background along with the texture.

I got two labs, a black and a yellow. When ever I try to get a shot of my black lab, a) The shutter speed drops to almost a 1 second because its so dark, or B) its so bright her entire body is black and you cant make out any of her.

Its almost 1 in a 20 that I get something that looks descent.

Got any tips?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with you, it's pretty difficult to get a good shot of him for the reason you mentioned. I have to have a lot of light to have a fair chance. As for tips, only to use manual focus and a flash. At least that's what I did in this one here.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya great dog pic! The difference between the background and dog looks good, especially with the blur.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Merlyn wrote:
Ya great dog pic! The difference between the background and dog looks good, especially with the blur.

Thanks. Otherwise known at bokeh. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
They're all hosted from flickr, so I'm not sure why that would be. :(

don't know, very strange indeed! Gorgeous pup though, how is he settling in? Any new pics? :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll have to see if I can do some. He's not nearly as cute now that he's 60+ lbs and big!
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.myirmo.com/cleanMe/currentph ... C_0266.jpg

This is a puppy my family got in August. Her name is Gretel.

I would say that Mickey and Gretel need to hook up, but Gretel is at the vet as a type. ;)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh they'd make the cutest puppies I'm sure. Mickey's a stud already! Our neighbors have a 1 yo lab female and want give that a try.

Go Mickey! Image

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts