"Papaya" tree

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if you heard anything like this. It's called 'papaya' tree. It can be planted, and it grows quite fast. This one is my mom's plantation. It will produce fruits like the one you're seeing. It tastes sweet, and abit sour.

I decided to post it in my new flickr account i created yesterday, Add me please?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26214166@N05/2462470677/

please comment and constructive critiques/ or w/e critiques are all welcome!

Thank you!

:D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who took the photo?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I took it.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the part you took a photo of, I think they're neat looking trees.

Papaya is one of the things my grandparents had growing in their yard.
Now that I think about it though I was never around when they ripened, I've never eaten one that didn't come out of a can. :scratchhead:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your grandparents had? I thought it only can be grown in place like Rainforest, asian's place...

oh,...out of a can, I have never eaten any out of a can. Almost all of the time, I've never seen it packed in a can...i'm wondering if you mistaken what your gp planted? could it be something else, Mango??

Ah...thank you very much, it's my first compliment!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it too. And no joebert isn't wrong. They can be grown in Florida. It's warm enough there year round. And I think SB's post is a compliment too in a round about way *lol
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

:n00b: :multi:

I'm a newbie photographer, and I'm very happy about your compliment too, Mark. :)

Nice knowing your weather too, Joe, thanks Mark for telling me.

Yay!

I have a few more, it's a pic of a dragon, i kinda thought it looks abit like ozzu logo. I took it from my home, My dad owns many antiques collection, even furnitures are antiques-look, so you should know by now what i mean is i have this wooden-dragon crafted furniture by chinese and I should take a few of it, perhaps more of it until I get the best one before i post it here...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes it was. I like it, i was just curious as to who took it because i saw it was taken by a Nikon D80 and i hadn't come across the post where you said you bought one at that point.

Good photo, seriously. It's a nice angle, and a good touch of depth of field too.

Much better than the other photos you uploaded a few weeks back :wink:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did mention I bought 1 nikonD80, in another thread if you read it...

Craig, thanks but actually i dun really want everybody out there to know what camera i'm using. Can I hide it from showing in the flickr?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not entirely sure to be honest. Why wouldn't you want people to know that you are using a Nikon D80?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because i don't know them. I dun mind telling ozzu knows BUT i just dun like being studied by everyone around the world.

No sense? (ok, maybe i'm selfish)

I don't know.

So, hearing your response sounds like i can't hide. But hell how do they trace it? I just uploaded it, and it knows??

i'm going to post more pics I took justnow. Thanks, Craig
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You needn't worry about people hunting you down because of a photo you took of a papaya tree.

To be honest, if you had this concern and you think the Nikon D80 is the main info in which they'd use then why upload it to flickr in the first place.

I don't really understand.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, ...it's just that I think they should allow users to hide some personal content, that's all...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is something you can do although i'd personally suggest not to. Open your photograph in image editing software save the file by clicking "save for web" if using Photoshop. The difference between using the normal "save as" and "save for web" is the "save for web" doesn't keep the exif data.

The exif data is what is showing others everything there is to know about the photo. So, by doing "save for web" you are in effect removing this information from the image and uploading just the physical image.

To be honest though i seriously doubt Flickr has an option for you to enable whether or not people can see this information as it's not something i could understand why anyone would want removed.

I might also add that when asking for any photography tips and advice on Ozzu when you submit a photo and it was hotlinked from your flickr page and it doesn't contain the exif data then you are asking the reviewer to help you out on just the phyical image. If you are serious about learning photography then it is beneficial to hear about what you should be concentrating on which may include the ISO.

Nobody can help you if there is no information to go on.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello George,

Quote:
BUT i just dun like being studied by everyone around the world

Too late lol I am in England..:mrgreen:

Its a very nice image with a lovely colour. Well done!

Quote:
Because i don't know them. I dun mind telling ozzu knows

And you know George, not everyone who comes to Ozzu is a member Some people just float here from Google etc. Try not to worry so much and enjoy your time on-line.

In the meantime I found this site on growing the Papaya:

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forum ... hp?t=36409

:rgreen: :mrgreen:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Craig, yeah you have the point there. Um, I don't know what to say, thanks.

and Suzie, thanks for liking it. To admit, I dun think I have the skills, i was just lucky to shoot that one. I'm still stress trying to learn some of the features available. Like aperture, focus, manual etc.

I might be taking this camera for a trip soon. But on the other hand, I feel concern losing it or damaging it. Should i get a less nicer one? I mean buy a less nicer one to carry around for rough event.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe just be careful?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm, Thanks R_T, actually what's your real name? Hendrick?

I still contemplating, cuz there's 16 of us, and we might get really busy having fun....and it's still new, I just might risk acting like a dummie with new camera....etc
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't take it. You are just learning how to use it and i don't think you know what you are doing with it yet. Is there any point taking the chance and losing something as valuable and important like this?

In regards to you "stressing" how to learn everything, don't rush it! who are you trying to impress? what are you hoping to get from the photography? i don't really understand why you would be worrying about improving as quickly as you appear to be.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I take your words, not just because I take it, because it is very reasonable of you. Thanks, Sb.

I'm not taking itto the trip....

I'm trying to impress everyone, I'm trying to gather some good looking human to take portrait pics.

And also some other pics, still objects, sunrise, sunset moving objects and etc.

hmm, can someone write a tutorial, maybe :) ?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:

Why? :mrgreen:
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

because that's what I prefer ...
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

but i think Hendrik is a very nice name...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What kind of tutorial would you like?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

When to use and Not to use field in depth, and Differences between Aperture and Field in Depth, and What exactly is focus? How does it be different with Aperture or field in depth. And Should I use manual function or Auto? When should I use manual? And also, the lens setting, Auto/Manual VS Camera setting Auto/Manual, Why is that???

Finally, If i want to be more to a portrait photographer, Do i still take still pics? What way should I be trained?

AnD mistakes I should avoid using D80...

i'm still thinking...Craig, Thanks 1 billion times.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts